The online racing simulator
LFS Lapper help
(5 posts, started )
LFS Lapper help
So I've got LFS Lapper up and running on my server.

Now what do I do with it?

I would like to use it to display server messages at specific time intervals so lets start there.

Are there any commands that I should know? Am I missing some documentation somewhere?
The first place to look would be the LFS Lapper thread.
Gai Luron has done a really good job of resurrecting this great app, so have a look in his thread and you will find answers to nearly everything about it.
I read through most of that thread. I can't find anywhere about adding auto server messages or anybodies own customizing of it.

Help a guy out.
Quote from Snotrocket :I read through most of that thread. I can't find anywhere about adding auto server messages or anybodies own customizing of it.

Help a guy out.

May I suggest that you actually read the configuration files for LFSLapper? I'm yet to actually use it, and I've only actually read about 1/3 of the configuration file and I'm seeing everything that I need to know in there!

It's all extremely well documented. Just open LFSLapper.cfg with notepad and take a look!

For instance;
Scheduled actions (i.e. messages every X minutes, seconds, etc.)

# Actions that are executed on schedule. Use '|' for next schedule/action pair and to separate schedule from action.
# If more schedules or actions, separate them with ':'.
# To escape ':' type '\:' if you want ':' in your message.
#
# ssmmhhddMMYYYY

#ScheduledAction = 0 * * * * * : 30 * * * * *|/msg Kicking time (every 30 seconds)!:/kick unnamed
ScheduledAction =
0 0 0 * * * |/rcm Midnight warning to all working men!:/rcm_all|
0 0 0 1 1 * |/rcm Happy New Year!:/rcm_all

If you want I'll happily copy and paste more from there into a post, but its probably not relevant.
Thank you for pointing that out. I had gone through all the config files for lapper and must have missed it.

LFS Lapper help
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG