The online racing simulator
Cant get the patch Q to work [solved]
illepall After I unzipped the patch Q file and try to run LFS, I get a message "Could not open file: data\skins\HEL_DEFAULT.jpg". What am I doing wrong. Thanks, Speedrce illepall
#2 - Lible
Check if you have that file HEL_DEFAULT, if not copy it to skins folder. Also check if there are skins for other models(cars)
The most likely fault is that you didn't retain the folder layout when you unzipped - you should have a data folder, with lots of other folders in it. If you do, then follow Lible's advice above.
I do have a file with HEL_DEFAULT and there are skins for other models. I pretty sure I unzipped correctly and there is a data folder with a lot of folders but I keep getting the same message.
This has something to do with you not unzipping it correctly.
  1. Locate your clean install of S2 Alpha, version P
  2. Unzip the contents of the patch Q into a different folder on your HD. Choose "C:\LFSPatch" for example.
  3. Now look into the folder you just unzipped the patch to. It should have "LFS.exe", "Readme.txt" and two folders called "data" and "docs".
  4. If it isn't exactly like this, but just a mess of many many files, then you unzipped it wrongly. Try to find a setting in your unzip program like "preserve folder structure" and activate it. Delete the contents of the "LFSPatch" folder and repeat step #2
  5. Now, copy the contents of the "LFSPatch" folder (not the folder itself, just the contents) and paste them in your previously located install dir of LFS.
  6. Everything should work now. If it doesn't, nobody can help you.
Thanks for the help, it worked and im ready to race.

Cant get the patch Q to work [solved]
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG