The online racing simulator
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Yes there is some satisfaction in that, however I find they often ask the person who won the race, not the person with the best lap time, which I find quite odd.

ehm often the person who won the race has the fastest lap - if not theyre just too blind to see it. :-)
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Yes there is some satisfaction in that, however I find they often ask the person who won the race, not the person with the best lap time, which I find quite odd.

I have wondered the same many times.
Like the one time I won a race, and the there was a dude that had a 3 sec faster time lol, but still this setup dude wanted my setup
Quote from The Very End :I have wondered the same many times.
Like the one time I won a race, and the there was a dude that had a 3 sec faster time lol, but still this setup dude wanted my setup

Ehm 'cause you're the coolest dude!
I aquire my sets from various people but am curious about what's right when sending it on..

If someone sends me a set then is it ok then to share it with everyone? I usually say its from Darkone, andy(ger) etc when sending it but not always..

Of course if someone else asks me when the person who sent me the set is still there I will say ask MR XXX...

One more thing, there is nothing more irritating than someone joining the server and asking for a set mid race, I used to try to send it but after crashing out loads of times I try to ignore them now...
Don`t feed my ego please

Rofl, anyway, strange why they don`t want the fastest set, they only want the wining set
it depends.

personally, i make my setups from scratch, not by modifying inferno sets, so it feels good when i finally come up with a set that doesn't suck, and i think that people who only ask for other's setups and don't make their own are missing out on a really fun part of the game.

nonetheless, i will share sometimes.

if i'm spectating and see someone who is making a good effort, but is obviously held back by a bad set, i will ask them if they want to try my set. similarly, if i see someone i know who normally drives a different car who is trying out the car that i drive, i will offer my set.

when people ask me politely, after a race, and have done a few laps on the server to show that they aren't a wrecker, then i will usually send it to them.

but i wont respond to people who ask during a race, who aren't polite, or if they can't demonstrate at least some skill. if you are crashing at every turn, practice will help you a lot more than a different set.
Quote from Gunn :If I'm driving and someone asks me for a setup I will usually ignore them or block messages. Catch me while I'm in the garage though, and you will have a good chance of getting your wish. If you ask for a setup please consider your timing, the racer might be concentrating on the race and could be distracted by your request. Some people might seem like they are being rude but really they are just trying to concentrate on their race. Be courteous and ask at the right moment. Most racers are quite accommodating if approached properly.

Just shows how Miserable YOU are... your a moderator.. supposed to be an upholder of the community i imagine, yet you ignore a new guys request, to be sent a setup that can help him improve...
I have been known to send joke setups to people that ask unpolitely, or are so slow as to not benefit from a WR set. Muhahahahahaha
#34 - DeKo
Quote from BlueFlame :Just shows how Miserable YOU are... your a moderator.. supposed to be an upholder of the community i imagine, yet you ignore a new guys request, to be sent a setup that can help him improve...

Only when he is racing does he not send a setup. just beacuse he's a mod, you want him to just stop on track and send the setup, or risk his race?
Quote from tristancliffe :I have been known to send joke setups to people that ask unpolitely, or are so slow as to not benefit from a WR set. Muhahahahahaha

Lol yes I did the same one time, I stiffed the set so much up that just a corner and it would bonuch off the track as soon as he as much tried to steer it.
Damn that was funny
#36 - wark
Quote from Gunn :Yeah that's a good point. A good setup can take some work and is not invaluable to the creator. "No" is acceptable without even giving a reason.

Not invaluable? I'm sorry, but your post is inflammable. :flamed:
Quote from DeKo :Only when he is racing does he not send a setup. just beacuse he's a mod, you want him to just stop on track and send the setup, or risk his race?

No, he doesn't have to 'block messages' and ignore until HES ready, cmon, press n til the menu is up, and click the SS next to the guys name, you can do that whilst driving....
#38 - wark
Quote from BlueFlame :Just shows how Miserable YOU are... your a moderator.. supposed to be an upholder of the community i imagine, yet you ignore a new guys request, to be sent a setup that can help him improve...

Now there's an obvious troll...
Quote from BlueFlame :No, he doesn't have to 'block messages' and ignore until HES ready, cmon, press n til the menu is up, and click the SS next to the guys name, you can do that whilst driving....

I actual has to agree, do it on a straight

Or you can say, sorry can`t share.
Thats easy to write
Quote from BlueFlame :No, he doesn't have to 'block messages' and ignore until HES ready, cmon, press n til the menu is up, and click the SS next to the guys name, you can do that whilst driving....

Don't you think that he's using the fricking mouse to steer his car? If he moved it to the corner to press ss he wouldve turned to the right and crashed cause of you
#41 - wark
I bet yall got pissed at your parents when they had the audacity not to give you the candy you screamed for. :cry:
Yeah, that's funny Tristan. Nothing like seeing an obnoxious person on the servers and after someone sends them a set, seeing them with 4 other people in their car and watching the thing skid off the track at the first attempt at cornering.

There use to be a team called FOG. They've since changed their team to something else that I don't recall, but I remember being on their server once and making a comment like "crap, this set is junk here.." or something. Just a random comment because I didn't have a set that worked and would have been needing many pitouts to tweak something to work. I never asked for a setup, it was just a random chat comment, but a few seconds later, I had a terrible time trying to decide which of the 9 teammate's set to try because they ALL sent me a set, LOL
Quote from wark :I bet yall got pissed at your parents when they had the audacity not to give you the candy you screamed for. :cry:

You bet
But then I knowed where mums wallet was...so lol
#44 - wark
Quote from mrodgers :There use to be a team called FOG. They've since changed their team to something else that I don't recall, but I remember being on their server once and making a comment like "crap, this set is junk here.." or something. Just a random comment because I didn't have a set that worked and would have been needing many pitouts to tweak something to work. I never asked for a setup, it was just a random chat comment, but a few seconds later, I had a terrible time trying to decide which of the 9 teammate's set to try because they ALL sent me a set, LOL

Setup pushers!

Quote from The Very End :You bet
But then I knowed where mums wallet was...so lol

LOL!
#46 - Jakg

Setups don't help anyone improve - Sure, they make you a little faster, but sending someone a quick set wont magically make up the 4 seconds they are off pace. Plus the really quick sets are so loose that it might slow them down anyway.

I always send out "my" sets, but usually i don't make them, just tweak the Inferno ones.
Quote from Jakg :Setups don't help anyone improve - Sure, they make you a little faster, but sending someone a quick set wont magically make up the 4 seconds they are off pace. Plus the really quick sets are so loose that it might slow them down anyway.

I always send out "my" sets, but usually i don't make them, just tweak the Inferno ones.

I know that, but there is only so much you can get out of the Race_S setup.. (as good as it is :nod
I use interferno's as wel. Each time i have a different set, i should organise them better so i know what setups i prefer against others.

But ehm, a noob question. How do you send a setup?

Ahah, what? Did you even read his post?

edit: I see you did. Not everyone is comfortable typing or messing with the mouse while driving. I know I'm not. My keyboard is in a very uncomfortable position for typing, so I mostly avoid it when I'm in a race. As for the mouse... if I'm not involved in a chase or a battle, I might thing about it, but most of the time it's a no-go as well.
#50 - FL!P

Well, there's a couple of reasons why I usually ask someone else: either I ask someone I know because I use to like the sets he uses, or I ask someone I just saw doing something I know I couldn't do with my current set (like riding a specific kerb, or cornering at a speed I couldn't).
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG