The online racing simulator
FRAPS problem
(23 posts, started )
FRAPS problem
Hi,

Am trying to record some video from LFS using FRAPS, I have done this before with no problems, but for some reason FRAPS isn't recording any video, just audio.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Cheers

Dan,
This is extremely odd, i have been using fraps for a long time and never had this problem MYSELF

I take you as a clever lad, so i assume you have re-installed it and fiddled with all the fiddleable settings.. All i can ask is, WHEN did it start, after what changes were made did it start doing that?
Quote from danowat :Hi,

Am trying to record some video from LFS using FRAPS, I have done this before with no problems, but for some reason FRAPS isn't recording any video, just audio.

Cheers

Dan,

Does it make *.avi file, which play only audio file? If yes, it might be codec problem.
Quote from Itar (CZ) :Does it make *.avi file, which play only audio file? If yes, it might be codec problem.

Ahh thats a good theory!
Yes, it makes an avi file, with no video, only audio.

Have re-installed FRAPS, which codec shall I re-install?
It depends what you use. I recommend you Codec All in 1, there is many codecs, for this type too.
Link?
#9 - Jakg
I don't recommend using those codec packs. Maybe the issue has been fixed with some newer versions, but usually these packs install a bunch of codecs you never need and cause conflicts. Then good luck cleaning up.

Use a program like Gspot to determine which codec the video is using and download only that codec if needed.
Quote from danowat :Hi,

Cheers

Dan,

Hey Dan,

I had the same exact problem that you did about 2 weeks ago. Your post made me download the latest fraps version, and it seems to work just fine now - i have video and audio. Try it out.
I had this problem, I downloaded the latest drivers for my motherboard and installed them. But because you've recorded sound before, try this:

Go to windows volume control(double click the little speaker icon in the bottom right of taskbar) "options" > "properties" then "adjust volume for".. select recording, make sure that stereo mix is selected and it is not set to low volume
#14 - Jakg
Dom - he gets audio just fine, not video - i dont see how the chipset drivers (for audio, not video) and adjusting the volume stuff will change video (but i could be wrong!)
Check if you have these files:

C:\windows\system32\qcap.dll
C:\windows\system32\frapsvid.dll

Thanks guys, downloaded a re-installed latest version, 2.9.1 I think, and it's fine now
I win!
D'OH! Well it was 1 in the morning
Sorry for coming into this topic and ask a other question, but I has a problem aswell with fraps.
I tried the Demo version of it, then I got the full version. I uinstaled the demo, hell I even deleted the demo fraps things in regedit.

But problem is, now the thing won`t start. I have readed that it is caused when you have demo version and get full version that this happend. But I find no solution for it. I am sure that every possible file on my computer that may contains information or is about Fraps demo is deleted, but still... nothing happens when I runing the full version of Fraps now

Anyone got a solution?
Ok, I just want you all to know that I am f*king tired of you beling the worst every time. I actual buyed this program, so don`t give me this shit. Yes I BUYED IT!!!!
So, now I want it to work, and if someone can helps me I would be very glad, because when I finally have desided to buy something I better hope it`s working.
Huh? Who said you were a pirate?
He... sorry, belived you was one of those again who says that it`s pirate of warez stuff if something doesn`t work as it should.
Sorry

FRAPS problem
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG