The online racing simulator
iPhone, iLFS.
(24 posts, started )
iPhone, iLFS.
Posts your ideas for iPhone applications for Live For Speed.

(An LFSWorld application is pretty obvious, but please do go into some kinda of detail).
hmm, now that there's a tool kit being created, maybe an outgauge application, but having a Mac is pretty crucial to develop there. I think a cut down, easier to navigate version of LFSW that fits with the iPhone interface would be the most useful. Maybe a lap by lap tracker of your own results runnign on your PC behind LFS outputting to an HTML file uploaded to a server/running its own webserver with an autoreload in the inital file to trigger the auto-updating. That'd be awesome.

Also, Niko, thanks for not getting the point at all.
Well, the applications them selfs are pretty much web pages that run inside the Safari. JavaScript is the programming language of choice really, and some PHP MySQL backend. I just want to see what the community really wants .
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Thanks for the on topic post, your input was appreciated sooo much.

[/sarcasm]

Sorry =D

First Think how many people can get the iphone , later think the utility
________
Medical marijuana
throwing a lipo battery into a blender ... not the most intelligent thing to do
An intelligent thing to do : Throwing Lindsay Lohan into a blender.
#11 - llew
Quote from dawesdust_12 :An intelligent thing to do : Throwing Lindsay Lohan into a blender.

Didn't you just flame someone for off-topic posts?

Hypocrisy anyone?
Well, the conversation switched to intelligent things to do, so I took that chance. I'm not one of the many thread hi-jackers for nothing.
Well, this was a waste of a thread, mods fell free to delete, I'll post something when I have something.
as someone who has been programming for Java mobile phones for over 3 years I do find the iphone funny in that as some people say its like mobiles werent able to do this until the iphone came along! however it is good that people now realise exactly what a mobile phone can do!
Hi diggy! Long time no speak (since simFIA: F1).

What about an app that tracks live race stats. Kinda like the timing chart that was availible within LFS Spectator? It could be a basic table, with updates every.. umm 10 secs? (trying to reduce traffic ). Some Insim things would be needed for that though right? Or could it be done VIA LFS world?

Cheers
dan
maybe an iTrashcan, where you can throw that blody thing in...
dandaman you could achive your idea with a fairly simple java app and a bluetooth phone(rather than using a gprs connection) obviously the java app wouldnt work on the iphone however if you phone is less than 2 years old theres a good chance it will run
I'm thinking of a live timing system, with JavaScript, and PHP. JSON would be used as the transport method or a serialized php array / object. lurLFSd would take the split information from the SPX and LAP packet and then save the information, for query. The website then can update it's self each second with the new information and the new information only.
#19 - vane
Quote from Shotglass :throwing a lipo battery into a blender ... not the most intelligent thing to do

its more likely to be a lion battery :P
What's with the iPhone w00t thingy. It's a phone, not the worst one, not the best one either. Altough the firmware sucks. Let's all wait a few years for OpenMoko to be fully released.
Quote from Lible :What's with the iPhone w00t thingy. It's a phone, not the worst one, not the best one either. Altough the firmware sucks. Let's all wait a few years for OpenMoko to be fully released.

Or the greenphone or the tuxphone
Quote from Lible :What's with the iPhone w00t thingy. It's a phone, not the worst one, not the best one either. Altough the firmware sucks. Let's all wait a few years for OpenMoko to be fully released.

The OpenMoko phone (read: Neo1973) is due for mass market release at the end of the year. The OpenMoko platform is already installable on a number of phones.

Quote from shadow2kx :Or the greenphone or the tuxphone

Either / both are ridiculously overpriced or more PoC than production imho.
Quote from the_angry_angel :The OpenMoko phone (read: Neo1973) is due for mass market release at the end of the year. The OpenMoko platform is already installable on a number of phones.

The Neo1973 final [Phase 2] hardware will be released, but I doubt the software will be ready before at least half a year.
Quote from Lible :The Neo1973 final [Phase 2] hardware will be released, but I doubt the software will be ready before at least half a year.

If it wasn't, then it wouldn't be mass marketable. Which is part of the goal.

Unless you know something I don't, the software is in good condition right now.

iPhone, iLFS.
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG