The online racing simulator
Lost Connections To Server
Hi.

Just a quick report on a series of lost connections late last night on the Race 1 server.

I think I had around 3 or 4 disconnects altogether myself, and I also noticed 'Lost connection to server' messages coming up for others as well.

Symptoms were cars disappearing from the track leaving only lag numbers in their place, and then disconnection.

It was on the South City Town Course at around 2.15 to 2.30am this morning and my last two disconnects happened in fairly quick succession.

My last disconnect happened on or around lap 2 iirc, so there was no interaction by me with the CTRA $ system at the time.

Regards
/d

P.S. Have to say that the racing was good last night on Race 1. There were the inevitable log jams and nose-to-tails here and there, but I think everyone appreciated that people really were trying their best to race clean and that we were there to learn, so everyone was cool. No silly messages that I can recall.

Thanks to all who were racing. If it weren't for the disconnects, goodness only knows when I'd have finally gone to bed.
well for me, i have been d/ced from Race 1 server after every race...
If your bandwidth runs near the limit the extra data at the end of the race can overload it. Goto $prefs and turn Auth-Show results to off will reduce bandwidth - although atm I need to fix it properly, but when I do, it will reduce bandwidth usage by not sending you the results menu. This may help disconnects.
I get disconnected every single time if the weather changes when loading a new track
Thats more to do with LFS than anything else. Nothing in my code handles the connection and hand shaking between you and the dedicated server software. So if you are loosing connection, its an LFS issue.
Yes it might be and I did not noticed before because there are not many servers where the weather changes so often.
Sorry and thanks for reply, I'll try to trace this problem and sort it out.
-
(Demon68) DELETED by Demon68

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG