The online racing simulator
Silver server on 35 laps...
I was about to go race on the silver server but its set to 35 laps. It was half way through the race which meant waiting about 8 minutes before getting going on a marathon 25 minute race.

Just a thought. If the silver server isnt getting used too much might be good to keep the total laps down a little. Some might decide against joining as they need to commit to about 40 minutes just to get a full race in if they are not at the start when joining.

Is endurance day back?

Hope you dont mind the comment
oh you CAN enter the race midway... you just get no points...
Use it as a warmup, to get you into the groove for the next race

Sam
Quote : Just a thought. If the silver server isnt getting used too much might be good to keep the total laps down a little.

It already does this, I dont know if the lap count is exceptional for the server though - if it was Fe RallyX Gn or So Sp2 then 25 laps doesnt last long.
#5 - Kdovi
There are 35 laps doesn't matter on track.
and it's really crappy on longer tracks
I will spend some time on Race 2 later and confirm / fix this. I just went on now and ... low and behold, it's Fern Bay RallyX Green - so 35 laps doesnt surprise me, when I was on it earlier it was 27 laps but less drivers, i'll wait until the track changes and figure out if theres something here that needs addressing.

How it should work is each server is a distance in miles to run the races at, and it can fluctuate 50% down or up depending upon the number of racers in the last race.
#7 - need
What I'm seeing is that when the track changes, the number of laps stays at what it was on the previous track, untill the first race is completed and then it resets the number of laps.
So if it's on a track like Fern Bay RallyX Green, running 35 laps, then changes to Blackwood GP, the first race on Blackwood is 35 laps, then it'll drop to 7-8 approx.
Thank you for the heads up, I had a suspiscion it might be doing that but I had not tied it together with this yet, i'll put that on my bug list.
Quote from need :What I'm seeing is that when the track changes, the number of laps stays at what it was on the previous track, untill the first race is completed and then it resets the number of laps.
So if it's on a track like Fern Bay RallyX Green, running 35 laps, then changes to Blackwood GP, the first race on Blackwood is 35 laps, then it'll drop to 7-8 approx.

35 laps at BL1...now THATS more like racing!
I just started on aston north and its 35 laps - I'd race on the server but cant commit to a one hour race right now..... maybe a 10 lap

just so you are aware
Why do we get no fun combos, like 35 laps at Kyoto Long GP or Aston Historic.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Why do we get no fun combos, like 35 laps at Kyoto Long GP or Aston Historic.

If you want to try and get it busy, I dont think a 35 lapper will be the go. Maybe once its got going and all.....
#13 - need
Great, 32 laps into a 35 lap race at Westhill and the server burps
I do hope you enjoyed the race up until the server collapse. It seems to have been a Windows glitch, I RDC'd into the server and it all fell over. Not sure why, or whether the problem was RDC, Windows, my connection, or what - it certainly wasnt intentional. I was planning on doing an update to fix the /laps issue - but the actual dedicated host itself fell over for a number of servers.
Quote from need :What I'm seeing is that when the track changes, the number of laps stays at what it was on the previous track, untill the first race is completed and then it resets the number of laps.

i can confirm this 100%.

it happend every time on the race 3 server last time i was online (this monday).

just one example:
it was on 12 laps blackwood-rev (nice distance) and then the track
switched to aston-historic

i quickly switched from GT2 to GT1

after the 1st race on historic it changed to 4 laps... and i back to GT2
#16 - need
As far as I'm aware, Becky fixed this last night.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG