The online racing simulator
20 or 32 players
(13 posts, started )
20 or 32 players
Patch X is meant to allow 32 drivers on track, but most of the tracks still seem to report 20 drivers on Single player mode. Has anyone actually played with 31 other drivers on a server yet?
Quote from russraine :Patch X is meant to allow 32 drivers on track, but most of the tracks still seem to report 20 drivers on Single player mode. Has anyone actually played with 31 other drivers on a server yet?

Yes. It can be very crowded. Could be the servers you play on have limited it to 20.
On single player mode? Of course the tracks allow more than 20 racers, but the AI count is limited to 20, because they're much more resource intensive than other connected human racers.
so, can someone verify if KYoval Rev can have 32 drivers on track?
#5 - garph
Raced 32 people, many, many times. Single player is 20 AI, multiplayer is 32, plus some tracks are limited anyway...

...and what hole have you been sat in?
All the GFC events have 32 man grids. No problems on any tracks so far.
Quite a nice hole, fully furnished, lots of worms etc. You're welcome to stop by sometime.

But seriosuly, I have not actually races 31 other people yet, that's all, never managed to get on a server with that many. I just wanted to be sure it existed and not just a red herring.
Just sad that I never have raced a race with 32 cars
There are not enough drivers on servers , and servers that allows that.
Bah
#9 - garph
When the testing for patch X was being done was when I raced 32 people the most times, also on the ATC server when patch X first came out (BL and AS2).

It's not that great, 32 people and a public server is bad. 32 people will be best for leagues.
Conedodgers 1 have always 32+ players :P
But you can only be something like 24 cars on track
When you're in the lobby, a string of text will let you know how many spots there are on the grid:
Start grid (x/x)

Just start a multiplayer game to see how many slots there actually are (in single player it will always show 20 or less).
Think this is the listing for max numbers of players per track.

20 or 32 players
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG