The online racing simulator
Licensing & Internet
(24 posts, started )
Licensing & Internet
Hi ! I'd like to buy the S2 license but I don't know if I need to be connected to be able to unlock the demo ; I'm wrinting this from my work, but at home I haven't a internet connection so I'd like to know if I'll just get a code or something and it would work, or if I need to be connected while unlocking it ?! Thank you very much.

I love this game.
#2 - GabbO
You need internet... No way around it..
I do remember some people unlocking by using a mobile phone attached to their PC using GPRS/WAP, maybe thats an option?
#4 - Bean0
Quote from danowat :I do remember some people unlocking by using a mobile phone attached to their PC using GPRS/WAP, maybe thats an option?

Depends on the phone.

My old V3 Razr came with software to use it as a dial up connection in XP, my new(er) K750i doesn't.
#5 - ebola
My K750i did
#6 - Bean0
Quote from ebola :My K750i did

O Rly ?

Mine was a hand-me-down from my sister, so I probably didn't get all the bits and pieces.
If you don't have an internet connection at home I think you should think twice about buying S2. Although it has a single player mode, it's primarily designed as a multiplayer racing game, preferably played online or in LAN. The AI in single player mode are rather dumb at the moment, but that's being worked on.
thank you for your answers.
Quote :
If you don't have an internet connection at home I think you should think twice about buying S2. Although it has a single player mode, it's primarily designed as a multiplayer racing game, preferably played online or in LAN. The AI in single player mode are rather dumb at the moment, but that's being worked on.Today 12:23

yeah I know but I'm thinking of having internet at home, but only in a few months for some reasons, and I wish I was able to practice before, but It seems it won't be possible. dammit.

Ok so I'll play demo.

And if it's not abused, does anyone knows if GTR2 knows the H patterns (I got logitech G25) ? I don't know if its the right place for that question.

Thank you .
I don't have GTR2 myself, but I'm sure it fully supports the H-shifter. If I'm not mistaken it was already supported in the first GTR (I have that one but it's been ages since I played it and I didn't have a wheel yet), and I know for a fact that it's supported in GT Legends (played that with the H-shifter) so... it would only be logical to support it in GTR2 as well.
I suggest if you want S2 now then takes your computer to work or over a friends, unlock it there then take it home

I have also unlocked LFS with my mobile..
IIRC, If you can manage to install it at work and then buy and unlock it, you should be able to then copy the LFS folder onto your home computer while remaining unlocked
edit: delete
Quote :IIRC, If you can manage to install it at work and then buy and unlock it, you should be able to then copy the LFS folder onto your home computer while remaining unlocked

Are you sure thats work ? If it does, it's awesome. If someone could confirm that, that would be great.
Fairly sure, that unless both machines are EXACTLY the same, it doesn't work
Ok so it won't work I guess. I'm not sure I did understand well : If I install LFS on a computer at work, then I unlock it, then I copy the LFS folder on an external Harddisc, and then copy it on my computer at work ( which haven't the same configuration at all ), it won't work ? Or yes ? Argh

cause with the demo version I can copy it on any PC it works. But with the S2 I don't know. I'm not sure I'm clear.
No, because it works on the hardware, otherwise it would be VERY easy to pirate.

Think about it, person A buys it, uploads the unlocked LFS to the internerd, person B downloads it and uses it.

It is hardware tied, just how hardware tied, I don't know.
Yeah you're right. I'm too honest I didn't even think about that....Ok and if I Bring my pc where internet is and unlock it, can I play offline ?
Yes
great
Install LFS in your work pc , unlock and done =P
________
No2 vaporizers
Hi everyone,

After painfully repairing my windows installation(s) because I switched to a different laptop, lfs is locked again ARGH!!!

Why, oh why doesn't it run well under wine???

And this time I (still) don't have Internet at home, because I recently moved into the UK... Guess I'll have to take it to some free wireless access zone to re-unlock lfs. Anyone knows where I can find one of those in Oxford?

Cheers, PJ.
http://www.myhotspots.co.uk/results.aspx?Town=Oxford

Not sure if any are free, but I know you can get credits for the BT wireless zones for a few £'s.

Failing that, see if you can find a "friend" with an unsecured wi-fi router and use that

I am also fairly sure, many (big) public libraries have free wi-fi connections, might be worth asking in your local library
Quote from danowat :http://www.myhotspots.co.uk/results.aspx?Town=Oxford

Not sure if any are free, but I know you can get credits for the BT wireless zones for a few £'s.

Failing that, see if you can find a "friend" with an unsecured wi-fi router and use that

I am also fairly sure, many (big) public libraries have free wi-fi connections, might be worth asking in your local library

Thanks

Later I found this resource: http://www.oxfordcityguide.com/WiFi.html

Unfortunately, none of my "friends" has open wireless nets... and my ipw2200 isn't terribly efficient to sneak on to a WEP network...

Guess I'll have to wait until next week or later when I get my internet connection... maybe next year?

Cheers, PJ.

Licensing & Internet
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG