The online racing simulator
How to make blow of sound? (eng. file)
Hi.

Im wondering how you make that eng. file, blow of sound in lfs?

What program?
/edit_eng, then Shift A, and you should get an editor
-
(the_angry_angel) DELETED by al heeley : spam fest - thread cleansed
#3 - Topp
I might have just that Turbo "pschtooww, psch, psch, pschtoww" sound you lookin for ( XRT )...
Try it out
Attached files
engine.rar - 193.1 KB - 2091 views
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :/edit_eng, then Shift A, and you should get an editor

No, that is just the blow of volume.
How you add different blow of sounds like "Topp" posted.

Topp: Thanks.
#5 - Davo
Place the wav file in the engine folder. SHIFT+A and then click the L next to blow off and load the file
Quote from Topp :I might have just that Turbo "pschtooww, psch, psch, pschtoww" sound you lookin for ( XRT )...
Try it out

hey mate what do i do with this file to get it to work ?
-
(11SuLLy11) DELETED by al heeley : spam fest - thread cleansed
-
(Nathan_French_14) DELETED by al heeley : spam fest - thread cleansed
Put the .wav in pic folder?

And then you get the sound to the engine folder. Ingame you type /edit_eng (If you don't have V2) and load the sound
-
-
-
-
(Riders Motion) DELETED by al heeley : spam fest - thread cleansed
-
-
-
(blaze-WrX) DELETED by al heeley : spam fest - thread cleansed
-
You need to put the files to directory: /data/engine.

If you want to edit things yourself, start LFS and get into the car you want to modify. Press T and type "/edit_eng" and then press shift+A. You should get the sound editing panel visible. On the right hand side you see "L" buttons. Click the L next to dump valve and select a sound. Sounds must be in /data/engine directory, i think.

For me, it was a hard decision... Do I want the dump valve sound, of turbo stalling sound. Well, "both is better", I thought. It actually sounds like a too small dump valve. :crown:

Try the attachment, if you want. Also the .eng file is attached, I tweaked the engine sound a little too. Make backup for your original XRT_default.eng file and extract the files to /data/engine.
Attached files
engine.rar - 182.9 KB - 2774 views
-
Here`s a roary XRT sound, loud turbo whistle and loud dumpvalve (best sound with the umm.. tschutschutschutschutschuu type flutter) Very cool sound to drift with, gives you +200 extra horsepower jsut by the sound Reaper I`d say

If you don`t know how to get the flutter working, well, too bad.

Edit: LOL, wrong fcuking topic
Attached files
XRT_Yarrrr.eng - 294.7 KB - 1183 views
FLUTTER.zip - 7.2 KB - 1022 views
-
(Supraguy) DELETED by al heeley : spam fest - thread cleansed
Quote from Davo :Place the wav file in the engine folder. SHIFT+A and then click the L next to blow off and load the file

Did not work. I converted a mp3 file to wav and moved it to the engine folder
and called it DumpValve. What is wrong?
It has to be a short noise, in a specific format, and then you have to load it using the sound editor in game. Not just put it in the engine folder...
-
(Supraguy) DELETED by al heeley : spam fest - thread cleansed
Quote from Supraguy :Ok, too hard with other words?

Umm.. It`s not hard at all, just load the zip file I uploaded and extract it to your engine folder. then in-game press the shift+a and press the big L on the right side of the dumpvalve sound thingy and load the sound. Then it`ll chukuchukuchuku automatically
-
(S14 DRIFT) DELETED by al heeley : spam fest - thread cleansed
-
(Takumi_lfs) DELETED by al heeley : spam fest - thread cleansed
Quote from Qvarnis :Umm.. It`s not hard at all, just load the zip file I uploaded and extract it to your engine folder. then in-game press the shift+a and press the big L on the right side of the dumpvalve sound thingy and load the sound. Then it`ll chukuchukuchuku automatically

Ehm? Yes i know! But my question was how to make my own sound!
Try making simple shhhhhhh sound, as *.wav file and load it to the game, and try what it sounds like. Just try and you`ll get it

And to make your own sound, try www.speedlife.se for soundclips and edit it with Audacity for example, then laod it as usually.
Quote from Topp :I might have just that Turbo "pschtooww, psch, psch, pschtoww" sound you lookin for ( XRT )...
Try it out

i cant get thye "rar" file to be a waw!!
-
(STF) DELETED by al heeley : spam fest - thread cleansed
-
(imthebestracerthereis) DELETED by al heeley : spam fest - thread cleansed
We're having a Spam cull - please keep your posts useful and relevant to the thread.
#17 - Gunn
Quote from al heeley :We're having a Spam cull - please keep your posts useful and relevant to the thread.

Yes, and at this rate we'll be planning a spammer cull soon enough.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG