The online racing simulator
Carsetups- really user-friendly?
(11 posts, started )
#1 - dahle
Hi, would the developers considered doing it more easier to select a seup? For example, when you select a track and a car, the most up to date setup is loaded, giving you have the setup in the directory.

In multiplayer, I sometimes forget the name of the track, and can't find it in again unless I quit the server. I need the name when I want to select a setup for the car. Is there any way to show the track name after you have joined the server?

Another thing, in this example I join a server with a race on the track Aston Cadet (I guess that's the name, correct me if it's an incorrect trackname).

When I select a setup for my car, I really haven't any clue if I shall select Aston 1. Aston 2, Aston 3, 'cause I don't remember which number Cadet is in the tracklist.

What I'm really trying to say, is that I want a more easy way to select a car-setup. It's a carsim, allright, but not everybody care about setting up a car, and I really don't find the selection of carsetups user-friendly.

Is this things I only have to deal with, or maybe the developers can fix it?
Hmmm... I agree with Dahle.
I've been around on and off for 2 years, but I still dont know all the tracks.
Is there a default command to see the track name? I know the [CD] servers have !track.
Why go to a web page to see what track you are racing? I _know_ that it's Aston... but which one?
Why not make only the setups for THAT track visible?
maybe an extra button "see all setups" ?
a
why dont you just rename the setup to something you can remember
Because that doesn't solve the problem of knowing the name of the track. I agree with the poster, there should be a command that displays the track name.
F8 (or "/w pb") while in a car on the track.
Quote from dahle :
When I select a setup for my car, I really haven't any clue if I shall select Aston 1. Aston 2, Aston 3, 'cause I don't remember which numer Cadet is in the tracklist.

it does solve one of his problems though.
Quote from Forbin :F8 (or "/w pb") while in a car on the track.

Think its standard CNTRL F8 (or i might have changed it, dont remember)
#8 - Osco
Quote from Forbin :F8 (or "/w pb") while in a car on the track.

wich you can't use while spectating, forcing you to go out first, hit ctrl-F8, box again, pick setup and finally be on your way..

why not make the '/w.. commands available when spectating (or even in singleplayer!)
#9 - DeKo
Quote from Osco :wich you can't use while spectating, forcing you to go out first, hit ctrl-F8, box again, pick setup and finally be on your way..

why not make the '/w.. commands available when spectating (or even in singleplayer!)

Because you cant get a PB for a car/combo if your not actually driving it, due to the fact that most servers run several cars on 1 track.
edit: misunderstood your post, sorry
Press "F12", the track name is displayed at the top of the box. Also the number of laps for the race.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG