The online racing simulator
skins download, connecting to specific game
G'day All,

I had a bit a search but I can't seem to find anything on this.

We have a dedicated server setup on our LAN so we connect to local specific game rather then via the server list. Everything works fine but when I connect with my own skin it will not download automatically even though the skin is uploaded to lfsworld. The skins works online, but not on our local. I'm not sure if this is a version x problem or it has always been this way.

If it is the way it is, then I guess the next best option is to lock the server with a password and access via the master list.

Appreciate any thoughts

Thanks,
Vern
#2 - Slopi
Quote :If it is the way it is, then I guess the next best option is to lock the server with a password and access via the master list.

I think that's exactly what you need to do. LAN games don't contact the master server, IIRC, therefore the skin won't be sent to other racers. If you do host a passworded server, it will be indexed and connected to LFSW and your skin will be sent to whoever joins the server as long as it is on LFSW.

Of course, you could always manually send the skin over the network, use a USB thumbdrive or whatever else just as easily.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG