The online racing simulator
Banned?
(17 posts, started )
Banned?
I just thought I'd go do some BnJ'ing, when I get this

"You are serving a short term ban 3 days"

There's no reports against me or anything Help
#2 - DeKo
to expand on this topic, is there any way to find out how long you have been banned for?
#3 - Slopi
Possibly a ban given by an admin? In that case maybe you have an admin Msg in your "MyCTRA" section on the CTRA website? If not, it might be there soon enough. I would imagine that the admins are dealing with a lot of reports, so, maybe just give it some time before sending someone a msg about it?
#4 - DeKo
Quote from Slopi :Possibly a ban given by an admin? In that case maybe you have an admin Msg in your "MyCTRA" section on the CTRA website? If not, it might be there soon enough. I would imagine that the admins are dealing with a lot of reports, so, maybe just give it some time before sending someone a msg about it?

becky allready sent me the mpr and the report ID, although ive no idea where that could maybe be put in and found out, searched the website. Its definetely a report ban, and apparently you get a message when you go on the server and then it bans, but i wasnt on the ball and quit LFS. anybody know if LFS keeps a chat log?

Nah nothing im my 'MyCTRA' portion of the website either.
Oh this is there now, under admin messages.

Behaviour not befitting an adult. Unsavory conduct. Malliscious intent. Verbal Assault. Driver needs to seriously calm down or take up needlecraft instead.

Just have to wait the 3 days out I guess. guess this can be closed and what not.

BTW, it's "Malicious"
#6 - DeKo
Quote from R34GTR :Oh this is there now, under admin messages

Behaviour not befitting an adult. Unsavory conduct. Malliscious intent. Verbal Assault. Driver needs to seriously calm down or take up needlecraft instead.

Just have to wait the 3 days out I guess. guess this can be closed and what not.

BTW, it's "Malicious"

Not the best idea to correct somebody who just banned you

Im looking every once and again to see if anything has appeared. I know exactly why i got banned (being a muppet, generally), but i just want to find out the length of the ban.
Sorry I can be a grammar-Nazi at times. Your ban might only be 1 day if it's just for bad language
#8 - DeKo
Quote from R34GTR :Sorry I can be a grammar-Nazi at times. Your ban might only be 1 day if it's just for bad language

Its not for bad language. How is being a muppet = Bad language?
You've been kicked a few times for your language haven't you? Maybe after so many it turns into a small ban
#10 - DeKo
Quote from R34GTR :You've been kicked a few times for your language haven't you? Maybe after so many it turns into a small ban

After 10 kicks according to sam, but thats not why ive been banned this time.
I know there are two problems on the reporting system at the moment, firstly it is not showing reports in the MyCTRA section of the website, and secondly the reporting system is only putting the reportID into a drivers notes, instead of the whole report notes. (I did copy those in for you I think Deko).

I think only 1 driver has been banned for more than 3 days so far, what we call a 'short term' ban. On the whole we preffer warnings and points deductions as we think these serve better to educate but with things so hectic we have to be firm right now, so we're using the short term ban option as a wake up call as to what is permissable and what isnt.

We have a LOT of new drivers on the system, and a lot of people think we'll accept the same sort of things that pass on any other server without an admin present - whilst what we actually hope for is a much higher standard.

Sam is now away for a bit, and i've still got system work to do and dont want to be dealing too much with those who are on a short sebatical from the system when I have so much to do with those who aren't - so if responses are slow from admins I appologise now. We do have other admins, but only Sam and I are unemployed
#12 - DeKo
Quote from Becky Rose :I know there are two problems on the reporting system at the moment, firstly it is not showing reports in the MyCTRA section of the website, and secondly the reporting system is only putting the reportID into a drivers notes, instead of the whole report notes. (I did copy those in for you I think Deko).

I think only 1 driver has been banned for more than 3 days so far, what we call a 'short term' ban. On the whole we preffer warnings and points deductions as we think these serve better to educate but with things so hectic we have to be firm right now, so we're using the short term ban option as a wake up call as to what is permissable and what isnt.

We have a LOT of new drivers on the system, and a lot of people think we'll accept the same sort of things that pass on any other server without an admin present - whilst what we actually hope for is a much higher standard.

Sam is now away for a bit, and i've still got system work to do and dont want to be dealing too much with those who are on a short sebatical from the system when I have so much to do with those who aren't - so if responses are slow from admins I appologise now. We do have other admins, but only Sam and I are unemployed

Yeah you did, thanks. Sorry ive been disturbing you, Just that ive only been banned for a few hours and im allready wondering what i did before friday.

Thanks .
Is there a way of knowing when my ban is over, I'm guessing it's around 6pm as the report was made about 4

Sorry if I'm naggy, but I'm keen to get back racing
#14 - DeKo
Add 3 days onto when you got the message when joining the server, i think. If i understand how it works, it doesnt ban you straight away but you get banned the first time you go on the server again.
I think that was about 7 then, ohhh i can't wait

Edit: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 9 o'clock
#16 - SamH
Yep, when an admin decision goes against you, your CTRA licence is flagged for a ban. The ban starts the first time, after that, that you enter one of the CTRA servers.

If you are a repeat offender, the admin will automatically upgrade the ban severity either 1 or two levels depending on the severity/stupidity in the replay.. so repeating the exact same thing that got you a short term ban will then automatically result in a mid-term ban (2 weeks), or if it's serious enough then a permanent ban.
'eep, shouldn't happen again, I'll stay off the Bump and Jump servers though, they always get me angry

Banned?
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG