The online racing simulator
need help - tuning the keyboard
hi all.
as the title says, i need some help how to tune the keyboard.
my pb at Blackwood with XFG is 1.32.86, but i find it very hard to keep doing times close to this, and i'm using good setups.
i'm using the default options in the Controls (kb stable), but i would like a "smoother" kb.
what can you guys advice?
thanks.
A wheel?
lol...
i know i should use that..
but i only will use a wheel when getting the s2 license.
#4 - qrac
i also play with kb stabilised and i'm very competitive driving the fwd cars at tracks i know. i'm pretty good with 4wd's too but it's hard to catch a slide when the tail drifts out.

the biggest problem with kb is consistency because u can't make small corrections and thus if u screw up a line into a corner u will suffer a lot more than if u had a wheel and pedals. making a little mistake with kb results in a big penalty.

the 2nd biggest problem with kb is racing against other people. swerving to avoid hitting other cars or to simply make an overtaking manouver is hard because you're not in "complete" control of the car.

u will never become as consistent as u could be with a wheel but practice makes perfect though
Quote from qrac :i also play with kb stabilised and i'm very competitive driving the fwd cars at tracks i know. i'm pretty good with 4wd's too but it's hard to catch a slide when the tail drifts out.

the biggest problem with kb is consistency because u can't make small corrections and thus if u screw up a line into a corner u will suffer a lot more than if u had a wheel and pedals. making a little mistake with kb results in a big penalty.

the 2nd biggest problem with kb is racing against other people. swerving to avoid hitting other cars or to simply make an overtaking manouver is hard because you're not in "complete" control of the car.

u will never become as consistent as u could be with a wheel but practice makes perfect though

i can see clearly myself in this post...
that was my point when i post the thread.

i have tried for a few time a MOMO Racing something wheel, i think it had 270º...but it was not easy to control, since i alwais played games with the keyboard.
Guess i have to start driving with a wheel for the sake of my sins
thanks all for the advices
[Fluid] KingNothing is a prutty darn fast kb driver, he's a cool guy and can be found on occasionally on the usual top demo XFG servers (FM & NOS). You could ask him if you see him around. Had good races last nite
Quote from NotAnIllusion :[Fluid] KingNothing is a prutty darn fast kb driver, he's a cool guy and can be found on occasionally on the usual top demo XFG servers (FM & NOS). You could ask him if you see him around. Had good races last nite

yeah...i know him.
we used to say that the keyboard is integrated with him.
but he is unique, since i don't know nobody that can follow him using keyboad too, and he seems to responde very good under pressure - more pressure, less mistakes -.
just a side note - he was able to do a 1.31.9x in Blackwood using a setup with 4 hybrids, nobody knows how, since the hybrids in the front ususally don't last long.
As another side note, [Fluid] KingNothing is like... well... a god... but then again I'm biased!!

As for that 1:31.9... it was in the 5th lap, dunno how he didn't burn the tyres before... he's done 31.76 since then though, with rear hybrids only.

PS: the real purpose of this post is to put more pressure on him (he does play better when under pressure).:slap:

PPS (and thread hijacking): I'd love to see more "pro" players showing up in the good demo servers, like the NOS server, and show what's possible with the XFG ... so, if you're reading this and you feel that you're a "pro" , do show up! At the NOS server at least, the presence of a NOS team member keeps the wreckers away... so give it a go!

[Fluid] Takahashi

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG