The online racing simulator
Round 1 Aston Historic Post-Race discussion
All POST-RACE discussion here please
#2 - Kdovi
I hate O2 internet connection so much
See you in South City
3rd lap, before the eau rouge, I braked, the person behind me didn't (not enough atleast) -> uncontrolled sliding -> uncontrolled barrel rolling -> totaled right shock -> End of Race.

It was fun for the while it lasted. Hopefully SO goes a bit better.
Driving the FZ5 feels like you're a whale while Greenpeace are trying to push you back in the ocean.

But good race nevertheless despite not seeing much action personally.
Looks like I miscalculated the time zone difference.

I get out of work at 14:30EST, which is 19:30BST. I'm SOL for the season, I guess.
Qualified 15th, got knocked off track on first lap and went down to 27th, but managed to claw my way back up to 16th
#7 - morcs
lap 8, stadium turn, hit 150 yard marker, car disabled!

Otherwise great fun! Cheers Dan
Had one big slide on the first lap, sorry GFresh, managed to claw my way back, then had another moment into Eau Rouge with Bean0, pure racing incidents them both, managed to claw my way to a 14th place.

All in all a very enjoyable race for me.

Grats to ALL racers for T1, you showed restraint and respect to your fellow racers
I missed the incidents at the start to finish 19th, but was trading places for the second half of the race right until the flag with [FF] Bozo - was one of the most intense races I've been in.

Congrats to Bozo though, drove and fought very professionally. Great stuff!
Quote from danowat :another moment into Eau Rouge

I hit the back of that

Quote from danowat :Grats to ALL racers for T1, you showed restraint and respect to your fellow racers

T1 was awesome :drink:
Quote from danowat :Had one big slide on the first lap, sorry GFresh, managed to claw my way back, then had another moment into Eau Rouge with Bean0, pure racing incidents them both, managed to claw my way to a 14th place.

All in all a very enjoyable race for me.

Grats to ALL racers for T1, you showed restraint and respect to your fellow racers

Didn't notice it was you that hit me, but no probs anyway
Quali: 16 or so..
Race: disaster, cpu was overheating and i cannot get more than 15 fps in first 3 laps (8 at start). Then it went better, but in 8th lap someone hit me in the back and i spun off. I've given up and finished last (28th i think).
Q: I suffered of traffic for the two first laps. I managed to make a decent lap with the third one. Fifth on the grid.

Race: Small mistake on the chicane and some contact there too. I humbly apologize. I got stuck on the sixth place and i just couldn't get past those highway whales. Well, it was fun. Now let's see how those whales of yours go around corners in South City .
Great racing today, although i was a tiiiny bit disappointed at my own race pace after some consistent mid and low 49's in practise.

Started 7th or 8th, and gained some places in the first lap. Had a nice run catching up with Lolocost the next laps. Frowm there on Lococst passed me again some laps later, and i was trying the reach him, but just couldn't get the pace right. Had some pressure from Mogster in his RAC aswell from behind. That was roughly my whole race, and i was happy with 6th.

South City will be a joke in the FZ5 though
i started 17th and finished 12th, sorry to sully for the block down the straight, although in my defence, it's not like i swiped you, you hit my bum after i blocked your pass and you came off the worser. I had a good battle with noobs speedway for around 2 or 3 laps aswell, that was fun. You almost had me too
Can we not switch cars? :P

I had a dreadful race, I started well, but was spinning once every few laps
Quote from R34GTR :Can we not switch cars? :P

I had a dreadful race, I started well, but was spinning once every few laps

Sorry, no, part of the rules is keeping the same car
Qualifying went better than I expected. I was anticipating to get into 5-10 in the grid but ended up being the fastest RAC in 3rd position. Race went well until the last chicane in lap 1. Unfortunately there was some latency and I saw a lag ghost of Carnage's car in front of me. Trying to dodge it I clipped the tire barrier and ended up spinning into the grass. About half of the field went past when there was a hole where I could slip in back into the track. When I was picking up the speed again two RAC's came side by side and passed me from different sides. One of them clipped my front right a little and that resulted me almost spinning out again. I was picking up the speed for the second time when Niko unfortunately hit me and I hit the metal barrier pretty hard bending suspension which was pretty much intact before that last accident. Pitted on lap 2 and took a stupid drivethrough penalty just to add the cherry to the cake. In the end that didn't have any effect on my position I think.

Thanks to Dan for organizing this event, hopefully I have better luck in the next race.
Apologies to Azaazaa for the lag. I'll be on a new internet connection by the next round. That does sound like crappy luck... I know what that's like.

I made pole comfortably (carrying 40% fuel ), made a small mistake or two in the first lap while Vain ran away with first place (although at first he was pushing hard enough to leave skidmarks from pretty stiff racelines), and then got bored lapping alone at pretty much the same pace as 1st and 3d place.
Made more mistakes almost dozing off (it was already 11pm down here) in the second half of the race, allowing Ghost past. I tried getting back to my best pace but just couldn't concentrate.. Lococost almost caught me

Great race, better than any public stuff!
Congrats Vain.

BTW Dano, I'm missing a point in the standings.
Firstly, thanks to danowat for opportunity to race.

Quali: 7th place, PB, satisfied.

Race: I had a good start, I gained 6th position and behind chicane 5th. Up on the hill in last sector I passed M. Lehnert and after Azaazaa's mistake I tooked 3rd position. I was very satisfied as 1st RAC, because I had no chances against FZs in front. During laps 3-4 I was attacked by Lococost, but he was longer on brakes, hit me and lost contact. But there was another FZ, Enerson. He used his top speed to pass me and was succesfull (sorry for hit). But in the technical midle sector I tooked my position back. After this, my 3rd position was stabilised, I didn't think about better position. But during last 5 laps I sucessfully deleted gap between me and Carnage. He did mistake in chicane on 9th lap and way for 2nd place finish was opened. I'm happy, 1st RAC. Good race, thx all!

P.S: sorry for mistakes, I'm not good in english
#21 - Vain
I had a nice race.
I had troubles qualifying. I could only do two laps with a clear track, so a 2nd place wasn't too bad for that. Sorry to Willi for disturbing one of his flying laps only to go wide the next corner...
In the race I took first place from Breizh in the second corner and managed to run away with it to the finish.
The stats in the results-page are great. You can nicely see how my second sector completely sucked. I had great troubles braking into the uphill 180° corner after the long very fast right bend. The rear wheels always tried to lock up. My first split was half a second better than it was when I did my 2:48.8 pb, but by the end of the second split I was several tenths behind my pb-lap every time.
Well, at least I was very consistant in screwing the second split up .

[Edit] Can't wait for Race 2. Though I like South City Town Reversed better than the standard variation. In reversed it's one of the best tracks LFS has to offer, especially in the FZ5. Has this "elephant in the porcelain shop"-feeling to it.

[Edit2] Oh, and notice how the stats say that for some reason I caused 11 yellow flags in 10 laps without ever sliding the car.

Vain
Very nice race. Qual in 17th, worst than i espected, finished the race in 11th after avoid some accidents fortunally. did the first part of the race catching sully and benji. Second half tryed to catch Willi but he was faster. Congratulations to all the drivers. This cars are very instable, 31 drivers on track and there was few accidents and incidents. Special grats to Dan . Great job man

See you guys in SO!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG