The online racing simulator
connection dropouts
(24 posts, started )
connection dropouts
Is it just me or are lots of other people losing connection to host when there are lots of drivers on a server? Is this a test of my highspeed internet or lack there of? Or is this a symtom of the new patch X? Help would be greatly appreciated.
Toddshooter
is Patch X the problem
does anyone know the answer to my previous post? Please help my LFS experience has gone down the tubes and I just got S2.
Thanks Toddshooter
Considering the number of people not having this issue, I'd suggest that it's an environmental factor at your end (basically your 'net connection )
Hi,
we seen the same "strange" Discos at our Servers ("X" and "X2"-Server)

But we have noticed :

- if more then four cars at the Pit, and they press "Shift + R" at the same time they get an Disco

- if more then 10-racers on track..
at the start, if min. 2 racers become a fault-start penalty.. the race beginns and after 5-10 sec..the race is on,
80% of the driver get an Disco

Wie haven't found the reason why these things happend..

p.s. sry for my bad english
Iv notice a much larger amount of discos' also since patch X, iv been on X and X2 hosts and the smae problem seems to arise
thanks everyone
Thanks for the response everyone. I guess I'll wait patiently for Stcc to come back and hopefully it won't happen there!
Toddshooter
the Angry Angel

Will it help if I turn all my graphics down?
Todshooter
Still losing connection to host
Hello all
I'm still having this problem with losing the conection! I have everything that connects to the internet turned off. I have lots of computer power for the game and my internet is pretty high speed DSL. It is almost like my connection pauses. There isn't anything else going over the line and nothing is trying to access the internet. As soon as I try to join back to the server my connection is fine, until the next drop out.
This is so frustrating!!
Please help. Thank you Toddshooter
Have you scanned for PC for viruses?

Maybe turn off windows updates/firewalls..

Are you on a wireless network?
I'm on wired High speed DSL exelent speed for everything else including online first person shooters. I'm also a photographer and look at lots of pictures on line so my connection isn't the problem. No viruses and windows firewall and updates are off. I even turn off my anti virus when I play.
Thanks for your response Toddshooter
Is it just one server where you drop out or all of them?
all of them. This didn't happen pre X. I'm wondering if it is because of increased # of cars on track? As in more information coming through the DSL.
Go to speedtest.net and click on the server closest to you. Copy the forum link and paste it in your post.
here is the speed test
With them results you shouldn't be having any problems at all..I have a slightly slower connection and I get no lag at all

*baffled*
Try a clean install of LFS in a seperate folder and see how that goes.
Will try
Thanks for all your help everyone I will try to reinstall.
Thanks Toddshooter
Same problem
Hi, I have been having the same problem since Patch X and its also very frustrating. Am just about to do a clean install to aleviate the disco's. I saw and error come up tonight saying that i had run out of stash space for replay, mmm weird because i have lots of memory and HDD, and i have also done the same as you and tested my connection, am steady on about 6Mb and that is the case always, very frustrating

Phil
Clean install did nothing for my problem. I'm stumped!!!!!!
-
(Toddshooter) DELETED by Toddshooter
This sounds like the problem I'm having, random disconnects from LFS, on any server I visit.

No other game/application has a problem, just LFS, very annoying and it also has me stumped
Quote from gcrook :This sounds like the problem I'm having, random disconnects from LFS, on any server I visit.

No other game/application has a problem, just LFS, very annoying and it also has me stumped

Let me know if anything you do helps and I'll do the same.
Toddshooter
Hello,

Strange : JOOS - MPSVS

When a player it's on the server and i try to join.

When i create a server on my LFS or on oiur dedicated server.

this happen to all player who want join

Gai-Luron
Nobody have same problems???

can't join if there are already one player connected. I can connect if there are 0 player connected or if many players connect not in race, but in main screen.

Gai-Luron
On AS when by error one puts the météo=3 on one dedicated, one receives no error message but only 1 person can join the waiter. I think that it would be necessary to add one 3rd level of weather on this circuit like all the others. It is only A to have only 2 weather choices

connection dropouts
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG