The online racing simulator
Free MP3 Server?
(35 posts, started )
Free MP3 Server?
Can anyone recommend a free mp3 streaming server so that I can listen to my mp3 collection at work through the internerd?
I would have thought something like that would be most illegal.... since you could technically share the music.
iPod Dan Invest in one of those and download iTunes in work.
Interesting, vibestreamer looks right up my alley.

@Niki, yeah, I guess legally it's a grey area, but I think it's ok because you are only streaming to yourself, and not "sharing".

As for the ipod/itunes route, NEVER!!!!!
It's legal for personal use right ? and I-pods are great when they don't pack in I have went through three I-pods
#6 - Jakg
Batteries die? Main problem with the iPods is that, and the reason why i stick by my cheap-o creative player, althogh the Zune is looking like a strong competitor imo.
If I had the choice between being shot in the skull, or using a Zune, I'd take the shot, seeing atleast the bullet is quick and instant, with little pain. Using the zune, is long, grueling and painful.
Lol my brother has just got a Zune imported. I'll reserve judgement till I see it. At the price he got it for though, I can see it being bargain of the year for him. Considering selling my rather chunky iriver H320 and getting a Zune actually.
Zune? iPod? Blah. Gimme an iRiver,Archos or Creative any time.
#11 - CSU1
Dan, why can't you just use remote desktop or another Windows remote app
Quote from CSU1 :Dan, why can't you just use remote desktop or another Windows remote app

Why? I have no idea , I'll look into it
#14 - Jakg
Quote from Polaxis :I bought a Creative Zen Touch 20GB about 2.5 years ago and I'm still very happy with it *thumbs up*

Topic:
http://www.psytrance.cz/music.php

I loved mine, i "upgraded" to the Zen Sleek and while i like the smaller size, i REALLY missed the Battery life of my Touch.

About a year ago i sold my 20 GB Touch for £80 with 10 GB's of Music on it, you should be able to get one cheaper now
#15 - aoun
#16 - CSU1
Quote from danowat :Why? I have no idea , I'll look into it

akik if you enable remote services in services.msc, and as long as the sys admin at work allows you to enable the same services on the work machine its as simple as logging on to your machine from work....I've never done it but im sure it's possible...
So they have a server program?, not just an online radio station?
You stream music from other peoples servers, or just encode your own and upload it.

Probably old
Quote from deggis :

Probably old

lol that's funny text :P

back on topic, why don't you download a http audio streaming server and install it on your computer, then you'll be able to listen directly from your PC
Well, yeah, thats the plan, but which one?, also, I assume I need to know the IP address my ISP assign's my router so I can connect to it?
What about Quicktime Streaming server on a Mac!...

[mac fanboy fueled by prior ad! ]
www.pandora.com - Its a customizable music station - input an artist name or song title and it will create a music station to your liking. Only down side is that it requires registration and only open to US residents, but if you google a zip code and slot that in it will work fine

www.shoutcast.com - Obviously! + Requires Winamp!

Free MP3 Server?
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG