The online racing simulator
One of the greatest things on the internet?
(44 posts, started )
#26 - Ast
Quote from Robster230 :Pandora now open only to the USA

Hmmm, you sure, i was able to get music on without having to put in any details just now.
Pandora has cost me so much money, I now buy triple the amount of albums I used to because I keep finding great bands with it
#29 - Vain
Pandora never worked for me.
Started with a song, it switched to something I liked, it then switched to something I didn't like, it then switched to something I didn't like at all, it then switched to something horrible, and got worse, and worse. As often as I tried, it only moved away from what style I originally wanted. It's frustrating to start out with RHCP - Can't Stop and end up with Britney Spears after 20 bad songs...

Maybe it's because I don't identify with bands, but certain songs. i.e. I like some RHCP songs, but don't like others. Perhaps it gets confused with that.

Vain
I use to have this before they stopped letting users outside the USA have it.
Thanks for the tip about the fake zip.....i'll try to reload it.

AAnt
Look like it isn't wokring in germany anymore
I finally looked at this thread and checked it out. Really cool looking. Fortunately, I'm sitting in the office in front of the PC today. Unfortunately, I don't have sound!!!!! Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Yahoo use to have something like this that you can "vote" to play more or never. We use to listen to that all day in the QC lab. But same thing as said above. It would play more and more really crappy songs (ie, Brittney Spears, argggg). I got tired of walking over to the PC so I could click "Never ever ever play this crap again!"
#33 - CSU1
The zip code trick no longer works, it uses your ip address to determine your location now.

No more pandora for me. Guess it's time to try last.fm

[EDIT] Last.fm is terrible so far. It's only playing popular mainstream bands. When it comes to metal, it's playing some of the worst bands all the 'hardcore' kids are listening to which I can't stand. Plus it cuts in an out for buffering all the time; never had the problem with Pandora. I miss Pandora
I've never used last.fm for the recommendations or the radio, I just like the stat logging. I've enough bands I keep forgetting to play as it is. Looking through the bands of my neighbours can prove a good source, then looking them up on Wikipedia. If they sound interesting, I'll give them a play through more manual methods.
Youtube is also great to discover new bands/singers.
It still lets me listen to Pandora, maybe because I registered a while ago. I'd forgotten about it until today and I was reminded just how good it is!
fine for me at home, my work proxy must have been the german one today i think (it changes randomly)
Quote :In the U.S. there is a federal statute called the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) that provides this license for all the music you hear on Pandora. Unfortunately, there is no equivalent license outside the U.S.

Well its your country's fault!
There are several other sites offering what pandora does... more or less. But pandora was the best.

There are ways so you can still use pandora tho... just google a little...
Quote from jibber :There are ways so you can still use pandora tho... just google a little...

To Google I go!

There are a lot of music sites on the web, but they all suck. All they play is the mainstream music, and group things by what radio stations play them, not what the listener wants. How the hell does Unearth go to Brand New in only one jump? That killed one of the sites suggested here for me. I miss my Pandora.
#43 - Jakg
Just fyi, if you want a nice "slimline" version of Pandora, try this, grab a copy of Portable Firefox, Firesomething (to give it a 1337 name), MenuX (to remove the menus), save that page and set it to your homepage, resize the window and you end up with something looking like this!
Attached images
Grabby1.jpg
Pandora is amazing, once you've trained it properly. You have to not only tell it which songs you don't like, but which songs you do.

For example, I can't stand rap, but quite like the BloodHound Gang. When I originally put them in as a band I like, it kept playing 2Pac and other utter toss, but after an hour or so of approving and refusing certain songs, it got the idea and the only rap it would only play was 'Comedy' rap, amongst my other music.

One of the greatest things on the internet?
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG