The online racing simulator
Indroducing the F1Challenge!
(15 posts, started )
Lets introduce the F1Challenge!

Liveforspeed.at starts a F1 league on the 30. September 2007.
We want to provide every BF1 driver in LiveForSpeed a chance to compete on the highest level under ideal race conditions.

We do not want to be a competition for other leages, we simple want a league where only the BF1 is driven.
Our motivation is to race in a league where only the BF1 is driven, and the OWRL is the only league where this is the case.
But the races there are on saturday and according to our experience most of the drivers do not have time on saturday.

The F1Challenge is hosted on liveforspeed.at that is also the home of the Austrian LiveForSpeed Championship, that was started
nearly two years ago and we have done also two seasons until now. We have created the F1Challenge rules based on the rules
that we used for the Austrian LiveForSpeed Championship. To test this rules two test races will be done at the end of July and end of August.
The tracks at the test races will be also driven in the F1Challenge season.
If necessary the rules will be altered or enhanced if needed.

The test races will take place at:
Kyoto National Reverse
South City Long

A special pre qualification is performed, to ensure that drivers with the same skill will race same server. Details of this qualification
can be found in the rules. At this point besides the rules also the schedule is ready, but the number of laps for the races has to be determined. This is done with tests, so that exciting races with differed strategies can be expected.

The announcement for the first test race, the rules and schedule can be found on http://f1c.liveforspeed.at

We look forward to see you at the races!
Brilwing, Schneefee, X-Zak

Very cool, good luck with this!
The Tracker for the F1C pre qualification is now online.

To have a balanced driver field every participant must do a 5 laps sprint race on the F1C Server (\\\F1Challenge), and only drivers the are faster
then a predefined target time are allowed to start the race on the first server.

The target time will be announced always at least 2 weeks before the race. The driver can do as many attempts as he wants, alone or with other drivers.
The prequalification ends on the day before at 24:00h CEST

To be listed on the tracker the driver has to register at f1c.liveforspeed.at and has to enter the LFSWorld name at his profile site.
Also the signup for the upcoming event is needed.

The upcoming event is the 1st test race on Kyoto Nation Reverse on the 29th July.
The target time for the 5 laps race is 6:50.

Signup: http://liveforspeed.at/?q=node/489
Tracker: http://liveforspeed.at/?q=f1ctracker
Are you going to do 3 round knock out qualifying? That would be very interesting!
Quote from rubberbrush :Are you going to do 3 round knock out qualifying? That would be very interesting!

no, a normal 30 minutes qualyfing session.
A system like in real F1 would be generaly interresting but boring for those who dont make it to round 2 or 3.
Quote from rubberbrush :Are you going to do 3 round knock out qualifying? That would be very interesting!

is it even possible to do a 3 round knock out?
hm, yes - but it has to be done manualy.
lfs doesnt provide this feature - but it would be great.
Just signed up. I can't wait
Quote from creativesurgeon :Just signed up. I can't wait

Laps done at Kyoto National Reverse: 0
You know u are not allowed to start if u dont hit the targettime from the PreQualifikation. If u need a set join the Racing Server tonight. I ll be on.
Yeah, I know. Had a look around yesterday, but couldn't find the server on LFSW. Though that might have just been me - I was knackered. I'm not around this weekend unfortunately. Will there be time to do it on Monday night?
Sure. U still got the whole next week.
Good luck SchneeFee with the F1Challenge.
nice to see another F1 league hope it all works out.
Since yesterday the Tracker is working perfectly.
21 Drivers already signed up for the first testrace this sunday, and there are still free slots.

There will be another Official Training this Friday from 19:00 to 22:00 where all officials are online. We will practice Racestarts and T1 Action within some 5 Lap Sprintraces. Everyone (who can Race the BF1) is welcome.

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG