Driver B
Nobody - Racing incident/too hard to tell
Driver C
Driver A
All of them
Lag
Totally driver C's fault.

Driver A = blameless, just minding his own business
Driver B = overtaking driver C, on the inside, ready to outbrake. You DO NOT need to be alongside before the braking point to overtake - you need to have SIGNIFICANT overlap at turn-in. He did, but aside from that driver C attempted to overtake A from miles behind, despite the face someone was coming up the inside.
Driver C = Wasn't paying attention, and was hoping to try a really silly move up the inside of A. Probably someone like Phlos who can't race for sh**.
#27 - Jakg
B brakes over optimisticly late, and while C could have avoided it, he was trying to overtake the (much nearer) car.

Of course, the fact B makes no attempt to slow down, leave room etc, makes him what i techincally call an "idiot". He pushed the other 2 wide to save himself, and deliberately gained a position at someone elses expense
Yellow (B?) is at fault here I think.

When the red car passes the start of the tyre marks on track and begins to turn in, the yellow car has no overlap at all but he chooses to dive down the inside and ends up carrying far too much speed into the corner, hitting the red guy and starting the accident.

There are times when this sort of pass is valid I suppose, but this would be when a faster guy has been following a slower guy for a couple of laps and knows that the slower guy is A LOT earlier on the brakes for a certain corner.

I think that the red guy and the black guy would both have made the corner without the interference of the yellow guy.
So much debate to what I thought would be a clear mistake by the B car and I would come back to this thread to find people saying why did he choose such an obvious replay hehe.

B was clearly at wrong here, first he breaks and it looks good then he just keeps going, you can't expect people to still watch their blind spots when entering the corner. He should have backed off before the corner and he even went on pushing car C to the outside. Just let go off the gas!

btw I saw some graphical artifacts in the movie, your graphics card is overheating?
The yellow car`s fault, B?

The red car was too optimistic too, but without that hit from B he barelly would manage to not hit the black car, and it all would whent good.
It would be nice to see an overhead view too, in future. It's easier to get an idea of how fast each of the cars were travelling and their direction from overhead. I even once found myself guilty of causing an accident after watching the replay from overhead when in the server I didn't think it was my fault.
But I belvied the movide showed that veiw?
Or I`m dreaming?
I`m pretty sure there was a veiw in the movie, as you descripe.
It was from that angel I made my choise on whos fault it was.
I'm voting Car B. He was going too fast and had missed the corner braking point. Had Car C not been there, B would have continued, slid out and sideswiped Car A.
Without the collision, Car C would have taken the inside line and avoided A altogether.
B.
Even if C had given space, driver B was coming too fast for that corner, after the incident B was still pushing C to the outside.
Typical diving.
Quote from tristancliffe :Totally driver C's fault.

Probably someone like **** who can't race for sh**.

Can we not have direct driver references in this thread, please, as it insights more arguments that originally intended!
Quote from srdsprinter :I voted racing, because i felt a little bit of all of them contributed.

B - probably bit too optimistic, couldn't get slowed safely
C - again, a bit out of control
A - it almost appears he brakes early throwing the other two off.

Mostly B, but enough question/shared responsibility.

edit -> yeah, it was b, though C, B took a totally terrible racing line

wow, i totally agree with you Can't say it better, B
Embarrassing!
Quote from kurent :

btw I saw some graphical artifacts in the movie, your graphics card is overheating?

I expect so. I'm buying a new PC soon anyway, so in the next few months, artifacts like that should not exist any more.
One thing we should take into consideration is the style of racing. This is oval racing (endurance?), which the mindset should be a bit different than some forms of racing.

What was the race distance, and what lap did this incident occur on?

Longer oval races should encourage a bit more give and take between the drivers.
If this was middle of a longer race, then both B and C were quite over aggressive. Equal cars won’t be able to make up that much distance regularly on 1 turn.
If this was a last lap or a sprint race, then it was a bold move. The problem is with the line both B and C take. The overhead shows they’re not even 1/4 of the way through the turn, but have already hit their apexes.

C really could have easily kept his racing line and cut back under B as there was no way B could have held that line.
Quote from srdsprinter :One thing we should take into consideration is the style of racing. This is oval racing (endurance?), which the mindset should be a bit different than some forms of racing.

What was the race distance, and what lap did this incident occur on?

Longer oval races should encourage a bit more give and take between the drivers.
If this was middle of a longer race, then both B and C were quite over aggressive. Equal cars won’t be able to make up that much distance regularly on 1 turn.
If this was a last lap or a sprint race, then it was a bold move. The problem is with the line both B and C take. The overhead shows they’re not even 1/4 of the way through the turn, but have already hit their apexes.

C really could have easily kept his racing line and cut back under B as there was no way B could have held that line.

Accident was on the end of lap 9 of 11. They were low down in the pack, so may have been getting frustrated.
Quote from tristancliffe :Totally driver C's fault.

Driver A = blameless, just minding his own business
Driver B = overtaking driver C, on the inside, ready to outbrake. You DO NOT need to be alongside before the braking point to overtake - you need to have SIGNIFICANT overlap at turn-in. He did, but aside from that driver C attempted to overtake A from miles behind, despite the face someone was coming up the inside.
Driver C = Wasn't paying attention, and was hoping to try a really silly move up the inside of A. Probably someone like Phlos who can't race for sh**.

My thoughts exactly!
It's driver B for sure. C can still bump into anyway, but B just force it's way in, causing the A to spinout.
#43 - Iron
Well, after I watched it first, I thought it's driver B's fault. But watching it again a few times from the helicopter view, I don't know. As Tristan said, you have to have an overlap at the turn in point, not at the braking point. It seems to me that C started to turn way too early.
Quote from Iron :Well, after I watched it first, I thought it's driver B's fault. But watching it again a few times from the helicopter view, I don't know. As Tristan said, you have to have an overlap at the turn in point, not at the braking point. It seems to me that C started to turn way too early.

Yea, I agree, he had to know that B was there, but you can't see he did by the line he drives. But, C also takes a very weird line, turns in way too early, makes it too tight for himself. I think they were both wrong in a way. But I voted B.
Hell, If C was not there I think B would have hit A if C was not there.
It is B.
The move by driver B was a little optimistic but it seems like it's a difficult one to call.
its A cos he brakes and the other two have no where to go
Quote from jwardy :its A cos he brakes and the other two have no where to go

What was he supposed to do? Not hit the brakes and slide out into a wall?
C was probably going to pull to the inside of A and make a pass. B just hit the brakes way too late and used C to slow him down.
At first I though it was Driver C, but looking at the overhead and other shots you can see that it was clearly Driver B's fault. C outbroke themselfs, B tried to brake later than C...and hilarity ensued.
That's easy.

B drove in way too hard.

The Blame Game - Episode 2
(61 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG