The online racing simulator
Cold war FTW!!!
(94 posts, started )
Cold war FTW!!!
Well, the Russians can't fly, they can't even navigate to keep on their route when they fly over the Baltic sea from St. Petersburg to Kaliningrad. They insult our and Estionian airspace all the time.

Anyway....Russia is heading back to good old times of Soviet Union and totalitarian state which is lead by the mighty comrade Putin. Minorities and people with different ideas and media are silenced, and propaganda is put in the mind of the young. And they think they can do whatever they want with other countries and ignore everything. It's even worse than USA, far worse, but nobody seems to realise it, nor to talk about it.
Quote from danowat :http://www.timesonline.co.uk/t ... europe/article2093759.ece

Oh dear. Russia's quite a big country isn't it? From over there the UK must look like an annoying little yappy dog.

Quote from danowat : Here we go again, I remember spending countless nights as a child laying awake in bed thinking about nuclear war, best I dig "the way the wind blows" and "threads" out

I watched Threads the other night - it's on Google Video.

I've also got "When the Wind Blows" on the bookshelf behind me. Great book.
#4 - Bean0
Hmmmm, does this now mean that we are on the same side as the fanatical muslims ?

"The enemy of your enemy is your friend"
God alone knows whats gonna happen, Brown has obviously got something to prove, and TBH, I am don't feel that safe with a noob at the helm.........
Quote from thisnameistaken :Oh dear. Russia's quite a big country isn't it? From over there the UK must look like an annoying little yappy dog.

The advantage we have is that it's also a far smaller area to try and defend. We can scramble jets from Yorkshire off the coast of Scotland in a couple of minutes, while it'd take a lot longer to get from one side of Russia to the other. Strategic bombing FTW

I don't think we have to worry about war just yet, it's all justego bruising right now. I don't think (I almost said "vodka'd up Ruskies, but that would be dreadfully un-PC) the Russians are crazy enough to start a war. Not directly at least.

So...have any of you played Defcon?
Quote from Dajmin :The advantage we have is that it's also a far smaller area to try and defend.

It would also take much less effort to completely flatten.

Quote from Dajmin :We can scramble jets from Yorkshire off the coast of Scotland in a couple of minutes, while it'd take a lot longer to get from one side of Russia to the other.

Actually I'm not sure how I feel about Yorkshire being in charge of defending Scotland - especially given how bitter and anti-English all the Scots I know in York are! Perhaps if you make reparations, maybe send us some of those Tunnocks tea cakes and some irn bru.

Edit: Spooky!

Quote :http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=1117832007

Officials with Wood Group, the Aberdeen-based oil-services giant which manufactures oil and gas pumps in Siberia, said it expected "no impact" on its business.

The sentiment was echoed by AG Barr, manufacturers of Irn Bru. Its No 1 export market is Russia.

Only world leaders could come up with this solution against global warming
#9 - ajp71
Oh dear, not a terribly nice prospect

I actually think Blair wouldn't have been stupid enough to let a situation like this escalate.
If we do go to war with Russia (and lets face it, we'd kick their arses), Nation Service would need to be brought back because we are lacking man power, which means two things. Doleies will have to do something other than sit on their arse and get drunk, and loads of asians will bugger off again (when the whole Afgan crap started my school (which was mostly asian) almost emptied over night as they all left the country.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Actually I'm not sure how I feel about Yorkshire being in charge of defending Scotland - especially given how bitter and anti-English all the Scots I know in York are! Perhaps if you make reparations, maybe send us some of those Tunnocks tea cakes and some irn bru.

Tea Cakes are alright, but what you really want are Caramel Logs. The finest biscuits known to man

Don't take it personally, we're just natural enemies, Englishmen and Scots, like Frenchmen and Scots, or Scots and other Scots. Damn Scots, they ruined Scotland!
</SimpsonsQuote>
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :If we do go to war with Russia (and lets face it, we'd kick their arses), Nation Service would need to be brought back because we are lacking man power, which means two things. Doleies will have to do something other than sit on their arse and get drunk, and loads of asians will bugger off again (when the whole Afgan crap started my school (which was mostly asian) almost emptied over night as they all left the country.

The UK's arse-kicking days are long gone, but it must be nice to live in your fantasy world.

Quote from Dajmin :we're just natural enemies, Englishmen and Scots, like Frenchmen and Scots, or Scots and other Scots.

My friend Magnus is from Orkney - it's mostly his fault that I believe all Scots are miserable English-haters. I allow him to stay in York because... well, the alternative is Orkney.
Quote from ajp71 :Oh dear, not a terribly nice prospect

I actually think Blair wouldn't have been stupid enough to let a situation like this escalate.

No, but maybe he was manipulative enough to let it run and therefore drop his 'mate' Gordon into the poo...
We'd struggle like feck against anyone, let alone Russia, especially now we are not the US's bum chums..........

Could you imagine our forces with enforced national service?, I can see the Russian's now quaking in there boots are wave after wave of pot bellied drunkards slowly amble towards them...........
The British Army is still regarded as the best in the world, just we tend to give them shit kit and we also have low numbers, so they are handicapped by labour and their tax cuts to start with.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :The British Army is still regarded as the best in the world, just we tend to give them shit kit and we also have low numbers, so they are handicapped by labour and their tax cuts to start with.

Regarded as the best in the world by who? Flag-waving retards who don't know anything about anything? I often hear this claim but it's never attributed to anyone - which foreign nations have stated that we've got the best army?

Regardless; I might be the best pilot in the world but I'm not going to take on Russia single-handedly and without an aeroplane. I believe we've got somewhere in the region of 200,000 full-time soldiers and another 200,000 useless weekenders. Good luck taking them to war against Russia.
#18 - Jakg
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :The British Army is still regarded as the best in the world, just we tend to give them shit kit and we also have low numbers, so they are handicapped by labour and their tax cuts to start with.

lets play the "raw numbers" and "stereotype" game.

There are.... 20 million men in the UK of fighting age, imagine 20 million fat blokes and chavs going up against 100 million men from Russia, drunk on Vodka. Who will win?

PS - Threads ftl, although to be fair who would drop a nuke? you fire one at me, and 10 more go back at you. You won't "win", neither will i. We'll both loose. Congrats.
Mostly Europeans, but our army aims at training the men to use utter shit weapons. The problem with that is other countries with more men and more money make up for the lack of training by giving them a good weapon to start with.

No one can beat Russia by invading them, many have tried and all have failed, the only really option to us is hope Russia doesn't attack because our only hope is if the rest of the EU and America step in because we could hold them off, but like WWII, we couldn't keep it up forever.

Jak, nukes are not offensive weapons, they are defensive, it is a case of, don't nuke me and I wont nuke you.
Political dick waving. If Britain ended up in confrontation with Russia it'd be us that drops the first bomb... Just as 18 million comrades are jumping out of aeroplanes over bognor regis we'd say "bye-ek, its all over, we may aswell take em with us".

Russia dont need nuclear missles to defeat Britain, and them launching them would certainly result in a nuclear response so flying strategic bombers over Britain is nothing more than a wet fart from a politician who wants to remind the world that he was unpopular at school.
Quote from Becky Rose :Political dick waving.

Pretty much sums it up. Russians have been doing that rather much lately, trying to prove they are one of the superpowers again after they learnt how to sell oil.

And seems the waving has done its job, panic and speculations are spreading!
#22 - Jakg
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Jak, nukes are not offensive weapons, they are defensive, it is a case of, don't nuke me and I wont nuke you.

I get that, thus the "ultimate defence", but in the case of "Threads" they were turned offensive.

To end world war we need to give everyone nukes, then no country can muscle in and bomb the crap out of a country from thousands of feet in the air. But of course everyone's "toning down their missiles" and countries like America don't want anyone else having as much power as them, and so...

wait i've gone massively off topic!
Nah, we need to wait for them to attack us first.

Then the other NATO countries (including France) would be obliged to jump in on our side.

Am I also correct in thinking that some of the newer NATO members inherited a load of ships, tanks, missiles etc when the old Soviet Union was split up ?

Edit: Jak...we certainly don't want African Dictator types getting their hands on nukes, they wouldn't think twice before using them on their neighbours.
#24 - Jakg
Quote from Bean0 :...Then the other NATO countries (including France) would be obliged to jump in on our side...

break in on a Nuclear War? Turns out that France & Germany are busy playing Golf with Italy, they'll help next week though if were still here.

Treaties don't mean much in war, countries swore to protect each other before WW2, but look what came during the war, FA.
Quote from Jakg :I get that, thus the "ultimate defence", but in the case of "Threads" they were turned offensive.

To end world war we need to give everyone nukes, then no country can muscle in and bomb the crap out of a country from thousands of feet in the air. But of course everyone's "toning down their missiles" and countries like America don't want anyone else having as much power as them, and so...

wait i've gone massively off topic!

That still wouldn't fix anything, many countries have nukes, we still go to war, no one wants to use them because you never know who it might piss off. Nukes would never become an offensive weapon, although there is a Russian (I think it was Russian, it was a while ago when I was told about it) mortar which is a last stand weapon, it fires the nuke so it lands about 1/2 a mile away with a blast radius of ~2 miles, so naturally you die, but you kill anyone advancing on you too.

Quote from Bean0 :including France

I've seen French tactics, in involves a stick and a white flag.

Cold war FTW!!!
(94 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG