The online racing simulator
LFS Boost Controler?
(14 posts, started )
LFS Boost Controler?
Hey,

i was thinking about this the other day, what about if some one could write a program to run as a boost controler, that we would use to increase the boost levels of the turbo cars. At least untill there is a S2 release of Tweak?

what does every one think?
While I would agree that a boost controller would be fun, it would not be very realistic.

When you raise boost pressure, you are increasing airflow. When you increase airflow, you need to increase fuel flow. There are also constraints as to turbine efficiency and how much any specific motor can handle. Timing must be altered sometimes, as well as may other things.

What I would love to eventally see with the game is an engine management system that is user programmable so we can alter the performance of our cars. We could monitor Knock, O2, EGT, Oil and or Water Temp, Oil Pressure and whatnot, allowing changing of fuel trim, spark timing, boost pressure. That would be great.

I also doubt it will happen. I'm sure it will happen in a game/simulator some day, just not very soon, and definately not in S2.

I enjoy the realism of this game, so it ouwld be great to get that sort of thing for it down the road, but I am not a developer and I'm sure that something like that would not only take alot of development time, but it would also take alot of CPU power just to run the game.

So while I say it would be fun and I would play with a boost controller, it would not be realistic, thus it's not likely to happen.
Dont post if you havent actually created anything. Posting without actually doing anything is my job!
yeh i agree about large boost increases, but for realism, maby a 5 -6 psi increase for say the RB4 would be perfect, just enuf to bring that mid range torque up.

most turbo cars are able to handle a slight (say 5psi) boost increase, with out new ecu mapping (while this does help even more again its not essential)

if your gonna say a boost controler isnt realistic, then LFS tweak isnt realistic..

as for realism full stop, the turbo mapping (while just awesome to have turbo cars) really falls down with standard turbos taking to around 5-6k to spool...

just thorught it would be somthing untill tweak is availble, for thoes who crave a little more power from the road cars...
I NEED a turbo boost tweaker! NOW! :tempted:

Nice idea! If its simple.. Otherwise we should wait for LFS Tweak.
How does LFStweak work anyway? I wish I had programming knowledge.
That is a much needed mod. The RB4 sounds like a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, so it should have been set at 19psi boost peaking at 21 in the first place, with around 280hp at the crank. A boost controller feature should be available for off-line play at least (I wish).

Quote from QIKVR4 :yeh i agree about large boost increases, but for realism, maby a 5 -6 psi increase for say the RB4 would be perfect, just enuf to bring that mid range torque up.

most turbo cars are able to handle a slight (say 5psi) boost increase, with out new ecu mapping (while this does help even more again its not essential)

if your gonna say a boost controler isnt realistic, then LFS tweak isnt realistic..

as for realism full stop, the turbo mapping (while just awesome to have turbo cars) really falls down with standard turbos taking to around 5-6k to spool...

just thorught it would be somthing untill tweak is availble, for thoes who crave a little more power from the road cars...

actualy not many cars can handle 5 psi. or for long that is, say a rb20det... 5 psi will blow the ceramic turbo and override the fuel pump also, putting alot of pressure on the electronic coil packs, soon blowing them ,, ( telling from experience ) it aint all about boost lol , maybe one or two psi diff for single player use and a fuel control regulator for u to control the airfuel, rb4 is a not similar to a mitsubitchsi lancer,
from driving many cars in real life id say its most similar to a celica GT-4 turbo,
people who drive one will agree with me , peace
Quote from lrdbsi :actualy not many cars can handle 5 psi. or for long that is, say a rb20det... 5 psi will blow the ceramic turbo and override the fuel pump also, putting alot of pressure on the electronic coil packs, soon blowing them ,, ( telling from experience ) it aint all about boost lol , maybe one or two psi diff for single player use and a fuel control regulator for u to control the airfuel, rb4 is a not similar to a mitsubitchsi lancer,
from driving many cars in real life id say its most similar to a celica GT-4 turbo,

Correct, it's definately a Celica.

An extra 5 PSI would be fine on the turbo, it's the engine running lean that would suffer. You would constantly hit fuel cut, totally killing your accelletation.
how about for that realism, we just pretend that its a slight increase in boost, and also an aftermarket chip, to modify the airflow and injector duty aswell!.. then its back to realistic..
Quote from RedRiver :we should wait for LFS Tweak.

What he said.
Quote from lrdbsi :actualy not many cars can handle 5 psi. or for long that is, say a rb20det... 5 psi will blow the ceramic turbo and override the fuel pump also, putting alot of pressure on the electronic coil packs, soon blowing them ,, ( telling from experience ) it aint all about boost lol , maybe one or two psi diff for single player use and a fuel control regulator for u to control the airfuel, rb4 is a not similar to a mitsubitchsi lancer,

Actually mate, you'll find an RB20DET can run 12/13psi comfortably without fuel system mods. The ceramic turbine wheel falls off when running 14psi upwards
#13 - MeSs
Actually, i think it would be cool to have online to! Fuel pressure and Boost
Just limit it somewhere, like getting fuelcuts etc! And have a option to turn on and of for the server!
Regards
Marius
I like this Idea
I have the programming ability to make it, its just a matter of figuring the the best way ( without pissing off the developers ) to do it.

im currently trying to figure out where/how the game stores the car's data in memory..so far, i know its not working from the the horsepower numbers, its gotta have some sort of multiplier value rather than using the horsepower value itself.

ie: 14 rather than 490.

to be honest though, im not sure the came has any sort of logic as far as boost pressure. i think thats just a boolean variable that turns on off certain sounds/graphics. but, im not sure yet...im new to the game and looking into how it works.

LFS Boost Controler?
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG