The online racing simulator
slipangle
(20 posts, started )
slipangle
#2 - ajp71
Unfortunately it's rFactor, but it may be worth trying seeing as Slipangle's E46 mod was very good.
#3 - (SaM)
I'm surprised to have enjoyed a movie made with an arcade racer. First rTractor video I ever enjoyed.
rCraptor just has a really fake look. It just looks... well.. fake!
i thought the graphics looked nice, better than lfs imho
This mod sucks really bad try f1 79 mod
#7 - ajp71
Quote from tiagolapa :This mod sucks really bad try f1 79 mod

Have you actually tried it? I haven't tried it yet but the E46 mod by the same team was good and quite how you can ignore the tires in the F1 79 mod is beyond me.
Looked all right to be honest. The cars lurching about in corners looked pretty realistic!
Quote from ajp71 :Have you actually tried it? I haven't tried it yet but the E46 mod by the same team was good and quite how you can ignore the tires in the F1 79 mod is beyond me.

Hi. Yes i tried it. I felt like the car was driving on "easy" ice. Let me try to explain. You can slide all over the place and in total control. Its like arcade. The car always slide, never grip :\ And its easy to recover from slides.
I don't know much about tires behavior, but i found f1 79 a good enjoyable mod. I have doubts about it realism though.
Cya
^^ The issue I always had with it was the complete lack of grip the minute it started to slide.
Quote from ajp71 :^^ The issue I always had with it was the complete lack of grip the minute it started to slide.

Yeah, i know what you mean. But this mod is funny, its total opposite (like historic rally mod)
Its like they tried to pass rfactor slide flaw and it turned very easy to control. Don't know how to explain. Maybe some find it more realistic, don't know. For me it sucks :|
Just try it, i was just posting my thoughts
Cya
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :i thought the graphics looked nice, better than lfs imho

Does LFS have bugs with the plastic shader like that? LFS looks more realistic than rCraptor, BY FAR! In fact, it is my opinion that GPL has more realistic graphics then does rCraptor.
there's supposed to be an update released soon that fixes the suspension. same for the 1979F1 mod.
#14 - JTbo
Anything is easy to control with momo wheel and game steering lock set to 40 degrees or so, put some realistic steering in play and surprise surprise, not so easy at all. But don't know that mod and frankly I'm not too interested either, I just do my stuff and I make it to work realistic for me, if it works for others good if not then it won't, couldn't care less
is it just me or does the subary really look like it has 0 moment of inertia ? he way it turned in did look very off
#16 - JTbo
Quote from Shotglass :is it just me or does the subary really look like it has 0 moment of inertia ? he way it turned in did look very off

Looks like that, also looks like that there is iron bars instead of dampers or something, hard to say without seeing more data, but cars like that are reason why there is people that say rfactor is shite and arcade crap. It can be much better than many thinks, but not perfect, I',m sure that it can be better than what I have found too, but it takes time to find all things what we must do to unleash potential.

Also that choppy video is perhaps not giving right impression, don't know how much we can blaim that however, maybe not much.
Quote from JTbo :looks like that there is iron bars instead of dampers or something

Same impression here, the cars look like bricks sliding on the road, unnatural to my eyes. Good video, but something isn't completely convincing.
Quote from Albieg :Same impression here, the cars look like bricks sliding on the road, unnatural to my eyes. Good video, but something isn't completely convincing.

Watch this rFactor video I found on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GapC3tFb8uI

Look at the parts on gravel! It appears to be very unrealistic. Something just seems wrong.
#19 - JTbo
#20 - J.B.
I couldn't watch the video 'till the end because the physics looked crap. And I didn't know it was rTractor.

slipangle
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG