The online racing simulator
Sim Touring Car Cup website
(21 posts, started )
I havent been able to access the website at simtouringcarcup.com. Anyone have the same issues?
Wow, you are late
It's working here, was just browsing the forums.

*nevermind, it's a DNS cache for me that I'm seeing*

Also, Rider, why is he late? The STCC is still going on. We had a race Sunday.
Sorry riders motion..dont understand wat u mean by late. Is it that its late and I'm still up? Cos its 10am here in Singapore.

Anyway, just tried again and its still not accessible. Could it be that they are updating the site due to the race?
Thanks. That works. Looks like they gave up the other domain.
Now I'm a bit confused I thought these STCC servers had become the CTRA servers, which are now down for a little facelift? Apparently this is wrong? Are CTRA and STCC two completely different things? If so, that would be very good news for me because I love the licensing system. I've just never seen the STCC servers in the serverlist I sort the servers on playercount; I would expect the STCC servers to always have a pretty large number of racers on them so I should have seen them, right?

Someone enlighten me pls
STCC = The league that started the CTRA system
CTRA = The system that the STCC started, which becky "disbanded" and the UKCT folk picked back up.
Sorry to hijack your topic but it saves me making a almost pointless one myself.

Are the STCC races still being "broardcast" by becky and commentators?
Quote from mongoosetierney :Sorry to hijack your topic but it saves me making a almost pointless one myself.

Are the STCC races still being "broardcast" by becky and commentators?

The last we (drivers) heard was that the broadcasts will be going ahead, but will be out later than the previous ones.

Whether or not they will have commentary, I don't know.
Quote :STCC = The league that started the CTRA system
CTRA = The system that the STCC started, which becky "disbanded" and the UKCT folk picked back up.

So are there any STCC servers still online then? You say you had a race Sunday, was that on a public server that uses the licensing system?
Quote from obsolum :So are there any STCC servers still online then? You say you had a race Sunday, was that on a public server that uses the licensing system?

No, it was a league race.

There are no STCC license servers anymore, CTRA replaced those. But the STCC league is still running.
Okay, gotcha. So I'll just have to wait 'till the CTRA servers return then
Hi

First off, yes the domain name expired but I have just renewed it. It expired for completely financial reasons ... I havn't been paid my wages this month and i'm struggling to get by. Luckily I remembered that Chris Raemisch had kindly donated some money to my paypal account and so I was able to renew the domain this morning.

The STCC broadcasts spawned the public licence system quite by accident, and many people found it confusion to differentiate between the STCC league and it's broadcasts and the STCC public server system. This confusion arose because of the way that they came about, it wasn't planned at all, the public servers where originally just practice servers for our league racers and we inserted some 'lower' servers with an access system to filter out the best guys to drive with our league racers.

What happened was the public servers proved more fun than competing alongside our stars and soon it was the servers that became the biggest part of the STCC.

What's happened now is the servers have been rebranded to CTRA (Computer Team Racing Authority) and are run and operated by UKCT (UK Computing Team). UKCT always have had huge involvement in the series, but this seperation of the public server system from the STCC league we hope will clear up any confusion.

The STCC league has had to take a back foot whilst we sorted out the public servers, which with the advent of patch X havn't worked. We've still been holding the league races but we havn't been putting together the broadcasts. I say 'we' here very loosely, the STCC and CTRA are both 'we' type affairs, but when it comes to the techy stuff it generally falls down to me .

When the new CTRA X-System launches and has proved stable I will return to work on the STCC broadcasts. I dont think I can eclipse round 7, we had developed tools and software to run on the old LFS that just dont work anymore and so some features like the scrolling ticker bar are going to have to go whilst I have so many broadcasts to make - it's simply foolish to take more time out to redevelop all this stuff.

At the end of the season I will take some time out of running STCC to prepare for season 2. That's my plan anyway, I will develop the tools I wish I had this season, and replace the ones that no longer work.

I also have lots of cool ideas for new things with the CTRA X-System that are not going to be in the servers when they go live. There's lots of stuff that we want to do that, because of the sheer mammoth workload of all these broadcasts and just getting the base system ready, ontop of having real lives, we just cant do yet.

So to answer all questions: Both the public servers, rebranded as CTRA, and the STCC league & broadcasts, are all still going to be a part of LFS.

The main reason they are both absent at the moment is simply because both projects represent a significant amount of my own time and involvement in LFS and I just cant remake it all overnight.

Oh yes, and LFS Companion is well and truly dead.
Quote from Cue-Ball :That bums me out to no end.

I am sure it will EVENTUALLY make it into the servers. It's just a matter of when and how =)

I would have spent that money ages ago Becky =) Glad it was used =) Let me know if the hosting needs to be floated another month and I will see what I can come up with =)
Ah that clears up a lot. Will the new UKCT servers still be the same cars/tracks as the STTC? And will they still have a license system?
#18 - Jakg
the "new" UKCT servers will be similar to the CTRA system, with more features, more cars and Patch X compatibility
Will the STCC still release the DVD at the end of the season?

If so, I think it would be best to forget the broadcast and release the DVD with them all on
Last I heard there will be a DVD, but see what happens =)

Well, good luck Becky, CTRA, and the STCC drivers

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG