The online racing simulator
Intel have spoken
(274 posts, started )
Quote from harjun :welll i fyou think about it....the ratio of chavs, to racers is about 100000-1....meaning, rFactor it likely to be 100000 better than LFS, considering LFS is the real simulator game, and rFactor is for those chavs who put big gay wings on their car, even thought there is no need. I think lfs Should re do the car shells a bit though, im bit tired of having the same cars for over 3 years now, i like the car handling, but not the body.

you not only have no understanding of what rF is, but you also seem to think that the look of the car is directionally proportional to the amount of fun you have.

May i recommend "NFS:STFU"?
?....Please, is there a need to post a counter arguement to EVERYTHING I BLOODY SAY!?
Quote from harjun :?....Please, is there a need to post a counter arguement to EVERYTHING I BLOODY SAY!?

Yes, because its either wrong, cocky or....erm?
Quote from harjun :welll i fyou think about it....the ratio of chavs, to racers is about 100000-1....meaning, rFactor it likely to be 100000 better than LFS, considering LFS is the real simulator game, and rFactor is for those chavs who put big gay wings on their car, even thought there is no need. I think lfs Should re do the car shells a bit though, im bit tired of having the same cars for over 3 years now, i like the car handling, but not the body.

lol what the heck are you talking about? Please think before you type. or at least think harder.

How could you have driven the same cars for 3 years now? you bought LFS S2 in september 2005, that's not even 2 years ago... You might have driven the demo but after you bought S2 a whole new selection of cars came available.

ps: LFS rules, you don't agree? How would like to suck my *****? ( It should say Balls but i'm not gonna type it in 1 sentence for certain reasons. sorry if this is in any way offending and if so i will remove it:shrug
Quote from battle :How could you have driven the same cars for 3 years now? you bought LFS S2 in september 2005, that's not even 2 years ago... You might have driven the demo but after you bought S2 a whole new selection of cars came available.

ps: LFS rules, you don't agree? How would like to suck my *****? ( It sshould say Balls but i'm not gonna type it in 1 sentence for certain reasons. sorry if this is in any way offending and if so i will remove it:shrug

I'm still enjoying driving XR GT...
Hehe of course JTbo but i was referring to harjuns post. He was driving the same cars for 3 years now and was getting bored.
Quote from battle :Hehe of course JTbo but i was referring to harjuns post. He was driving the same cars for 3 years now and was getting bored.

Yes, he maybe has driven one of demo cars whole time, maybe he is not interested from faster cars or perhaps there is just not enough good races with other cars, don't know.

I do enjoy also from RB4, that car is interesting to drive when you set it properly. Of course fastest setups are boring, but I find it much more fun to create setup that feels more like real car or which is fun to drive and race with that, still often I do win
Unless I've overlooked something, I agree with harjun, who in my understanding is basically saying that mainstream products earns more popularity, while suggesting that LFS should head towards a mainstream-ish target.

rF is mod-able, and therefor much more mainstream than LFS is - however I'm sure the devs will pull up a rabbit in order to make LFS appealing to more people, while I'm also certain they wont sacrifice the sim part of it too much (by not making it too "mainstream").
i also spoke to some friends today...even they said....when you hit a wall, you dont go FLYING miles up into the air, its just little things like that that should be fixed
So... don't hit walls?

I don't on most tracks. As for South City, even a hard collision with a wall doesn't result in the car flying unless you specifically aim for or make no attempt to avoid the wall. In that case, your race is over anyway so it doesn't really matter so much what happens to the car.
I think that particular subject (flying off) is overrated. I've never experienced it in league races, and only few times in pick up races - but I never landed on the moon.

The issue isn't that bad, but not because I personally haven't experienced it much - you aren't supposed to crash and if you do, the car would most likely be somewhat wrecked anyways. And thats considering that the damage model isn't complete yet.

Ones it's more of less complete, I bet ppl will have lots of other things to worry about than where they land.
hey and sorry to activate the topic again but I dont really want to make a new thread just for that

After so much talk about RF I went over and tried it and well it feels kind of wierd , but thats not the point :

I found the real feel plugin and even found a setup for the champ car mod that feels kind of realistic , but for the love of God I cant find a correct setup for the megane trophy or any road cars for the G25 for that matter (By setup I mean the values in the RealFeelPlugin.ini)

If anybody has found a decent realistic setup let me know pls

I just hope the ctra servers or any other road car servers will get online anytime soon as its a shame that to find any decent non GTR or F1 (as we got conedodgers and redline for that) racing I have to change the sim
the champcar mod is nice... but the cars have too much grip or something... the lap times are way faster on some tracks than irl. that could be the fault of the track a bit but probably alot of it is the cars being too fast.
Quote from Thill :I found the real feel plugin and even found a setup for the champ car mod that feels kind of realistic , but for the love of God I cant find a correct setup for the megane trophy or any road cars for the G25 for that matter (By setup I mean the values in the RealFeelPlugin.ini)

If anybody has found a decent realistic setup let me know pls

Errr, wouldn't the rFactor forum(s) be a better place to be looking for this, you know, because this is a LFS forum and you want stuff for rFactor?

Not being nasty or anything, just stating the obvious.
Have you tried Niel's Corvette mod, really fun to drive with realfeel

Quote from garph :Errr, wouldn't the rFactor forum(s) be a better place to be looking for this, you know, because this is a LFS forum and you want stuff for rFactor?

No because these forums offer a far more civilised helpful discussion of rFactor where one doesn't instantly get shot down for pointing out something isn't quite perfect becasue obviously if the model looks super good and somebody spends their time for free they must produce a faultless work of art.
@Garph
you might be right but somehow erm I kind of feel at home here (as this was my 1 racing sim ) and besides that RF community is erm how do I put it gently .. not to helpfull or mature for that part (at least ppl I met on the servers) .

Besides I still play lfs all the time and use RF only when i want some road cars racing as we dont have any decent servs for that , so somehow I just typed that question here without thinking to much that those were the wrong forums for that

So If anybody knows PM me if not well I guess I'll have to go try my luck on the RF forums (bleh)
The fact of the matter is this:

More people play rF because it's easy. You can get in and use all the aids and crap to make you think that you actually have some skill. When I played it (briefly), it was an un-modded version and the environment textures were horrible. The Dx9 shading and reflections were okay on the cars, but when you're half a lap in front all the time you don't really notice them.

LFS requires a lot of time and dedication to get it right. You need to tweak the setups to suit your driving. Even with the basic aids we have, it's still very easy to send the rear end wide on corner exit or lock the wheels under braking and fly off the track.

And with people being the short attention-span beings they are, they don't want to put in the practice. They want instant gratification, which a proper sim can't give. Do people expect to get into a real race car and set WRs on their 2nd or 3rd lap? No, it takes years of practice.

But anything worth it's salt is worth waiting for. Once LFS is actually released it will get the recognition it deserves. Until then, we need to just chill and enjoy what we have before it's ruined by a huge influx of "t3h m0r0nz"
Quote from ajp71 :No because these forums offer a far more civilised helpful discussion of rFactor where one doesn't instantly get shot down for pointing out something isn't quite perfect becasue obviously if the model looks super good and somebody spends their time for free they must produce a faultless work of art.

Have you even read any of the 24 page RealFeel thread at RSC?
Quote from Gabkicks :the champcar mod is nice... but the cars have too much grip or something... the lap times are way faster on some tracks than irl. that could be the fault of the track a bit but probably alot of it is the cars being too fast.

Well, it's definitely the fault of the track in the case of Laguna.

The longitudinal grip might be a bit too high (the acceleration is just insane with these cars), but the lateral grip feels pretty ok, actually. With no TC on it's very easy to lose the car in the corners.

I need to get some decent setups, though.
Quote from danowat :...TBH, LFS needs to pull it's finger out...

Pull it out and show it...or shove it!
Quote from Dajmin :
And with people being the short attention-span beings they are, they don't want to put in the practice. They want instant gratification, which a proper sim can't give. Do people expect to get into a real race car and set WRs on their 2nd or 3rd lap? No, it takes years of practice.

But anything worth it's salt is worth waiting for. Once LFS is actually released it will get the recognition it deserves. Until then, we need to just chill and enjoy what we have before it's ruined by a huge influx of "t3h m0r0nz"

I have always found that the RF following is very "faddish" and they stick onto the "greatest" and "Latest" even if it's nowhere near good =P
LFS on my comp: 30fps or so
rFactor on my com: error saying it is to weak to even start the game

Quote from Go-carter :LFS on my comp: 30fps or so
rFactor on my com: error saying it is to weak to even start the game

Have u even tried to select DX7 mode? U really must have a weak pc
Too bad the Devs can't get more people to join their team.....

Intel have spoken
(274 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG