Target times:
CD1 AS3 1.44.00
CD3 AS1 0.52.40

A License (All Servers) = 308
B License (Big GTR's) = 718
C License (Small GTR's) = 592
R License (License no longer valid) = 981
Vistors below old target times = 4684

Please note that due to a change in target times 981 licencse driver have had their license removed and should go to either CD1 or CD3 to hit the new target times.

During busy times could all drivers with a license use CD2 and CD4

The license files are updated each weekend and you can check you own licence by entering your username in the license checker on our website homepage
Those target times are waaaay to easy. You do them and you prove that you are not completely useless, you can do a lap without spining the car.
Quote from birder :
During busy times could all drivers with a license use CD2 and CD4

I think there's something missing there.. Just the obvious end of the sentence or was there more?

I dont mind moving there, but it's usually empty... and I dont like racing with less then 5 drivers...
Maybe disallow licensed drivers to join the public servers during peak hours? That way you get a better populated CD 2 and 4.
And then make sure it has AS Cadet running on 4.

anyway, keep up the good work!
Quote from riffey4 :I think there's something missing there.. Just the obvious end of the sentence or was there more?

I dont mind moving there, but it's usually empty... and I dont like racing with less then 5 drivers...
Maybe disallow licensed drivers to join the public servers during peak hours? That way you get a better populated CD 2 and 4.
And then make sure it has AS Cadet running on 4.

anyway, keep up the good work!

We are currently waiting for the_angry_angel to finish the programming that will allow us to stop licensed drivers race on CD1 and CD2 but he is rather busy at the moment.

Also, you will find if you open up CD4 you can chose AS1
Quote from kurent :Those target times are waaaay to easy. You do them and you prove that you are not completely useless, you can do a lap without spining the car.

Strange that you only have a C License in that case. Pop onto CD1 and prove what you are saying......
Well done to all who got a new License or just got one.
Quote from birder :Strange that you only have a C License in that case. Pop onto CD1 and prove what you are saying......

I actually remember you from when I first got the licence, you started with FZR on AS national like me didn't you? I remember you were the only one I could compete with.

Conedodgers server is good for some rough racing, see the example below.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=27527

That is why I said your standards are too low, you let pretty much everyone pass.
why not change it to overall race time completed on the servers? then you need consistancy and good knowledge of how the car works before yiou can gain the license. this would need testing but would be a hugely better system in race situations. Also people wouldn't just hotlap and be annoyed when they are blue flagged or people are spamming blue flag messages to them.

just my 2 cents
Quote from rich uk :why not change it to overall race time completed on the servers? then you need consistancy and good knowledge of how the car works before yiou can gain the license. this would need testing but would be a hugely better system in race situations. Also people wouldn't just hotlap and be annoyed when they are blue flagged or people are spamming blue flag messages to them.

just my 2 cents

This is a temporay system while our new system is being developed. Our full system goes by full race times and will run an automatic league but patch x has put it back a bit
Total race time is a good idea, but it's sometimes made almost impossible because you are being torpedoed off track.
I can see the rage against wreckers reaching an all time high :headbang:

On the other hand I don't need other people to get me off the track, I'm quite capable of doing that myself
Le sigh. I finally turn a 1:44.30, and you guys go and move the bar on me. :weeping:

I like the idea of total race time, as it would encourage people to be more careful. If you're going to do that, though, it may be useful to consider barring mid-race joiners. There's no point in jumping in the middle of what amounts to a qualifying race if your time isn't going to count.

I'd also support increasing race distance to 15 or 20 laps, as it would require people to take care of their tires a bit more. Even with R2s, you shouldn't need to change in the middle of a ten-lapper, but it happens. I've even seen a fellow--admittedly, a slow one--wear out a set of R4s on the front of an FXR halfway through a CD1 race (Of course, I have an ulterior motive for wanting increased distances: I'm also an XRR aficionado, and as it's easy on gas and tires, longer races might make make it a more popular car. It's sad being the only one in the field).

Anyway, enough rambling. I need to go find three tenths of a second.
[quote]
[quote=lawdog;489141]Le sigh. I finally turn a 1:44.30, and you guys go and move the bar on me. :weeping:

I like the idea of total race time, as it would encourage people to be more careful. If you're going to do that, though, it may be useful to consider barring mid-race joiners. There's no point in jumping in the middle of what amounts to a qualifying race if your time isn't going to count.

I'd also support increasing race distance to 15 or 20 laps, as it would require people to take care of their tires a bit more.
[/quote]

Here here!!! Although I can't seem to reach the 144,s or even close. I agree that making people look after their cars and actually stay on the track for more than one lap would be nice. I would also like a server with the old # of cars aloud because my internet conection can't deal with that much information. I keep losing the server.
Thanks Toddshooter
hura, i'm full licensed
I was wondering, have you guys ditched the points system?

If not you could use that to attract people to the licensed servers. People that wish to compete in the GTR league would have to reach a certain amount of points before they could enter, Points only being won on the licensed servers. Since most of the people with a license are members of the league then they would most probably use the servers more often.

Some reward or target which could only be gained on the licensed servers could/would imo benefit to them being used.
I hop onto CD1 occasionally (FXR - new friend ) and can't help but think that a system that rewarded consistency over a whole race rather than just one quick lap under the target time would be beneficial (especially, selfishly, because my pb is a tantalisingly close 1.44.03, I can run ten laps in the 1.44s with not much hassle and I often finish on the podium - thanks to the ol' "start dead last and avoid the carnage" trick ). After all, you could draft someone just once and nail a 1.43.xx when you'd normally be struggling to hit 1.44

Put simply, I'd like to see people being rewarded for their racing and not just their hotlapping skills. No precise idea how that would work but I guess overall race time would be a good indicator of someone's consistency.

I also wouldn't mind an end to mid-race joining on CD1. People are out there racing for a reason other than a quick fun blast and I've had more than one good lap, not so much ruined, but definitely made a tad longer because of a late starter holding up proceedings
Quote from Hankstar :I hop onto CD1 occasionally (FXR - new friend ) and can't help but think that a system that rewarded consistency over a whole race rather than just one quick lap under the target time would be beneficial (especially, selfishly, because my pb is a tantalisingly close 1.44.03, I can run ten laps in the 1.44s with not much hassle and I often finish on the podium - thanks to the ol' "start dead last and avoid the carnage" trick ). After all, you could draft someone just once and nail a 1.43.xx when you'd normally be struggling to hit 1.44

Put simply, I'd like to see people being rewarded for their racing and not just their hotlapping skills. No precise idea how that would work but I guess overall race time would be a good indicator of someone's consistency.

I also wouldn't mind an end to mid-race joining on CD1. People are out there racing for a reason other than a quick fun blast and I've had more than one good lap, not so much ruined, but definitely made a tad longer because of a late starter holding up proceedings

People will be rewarded for their racing and not just for 1 good lap, but not with the current temporary system.

Stopping mid-race joining...it's a 50/50 thing, a bit like marmite
#17 - Weed
Quote from faster111 :Well done to all who got a new License or just got one.

cheers, just got mine now too, so see ya on CD2
Quote from Hankstar :I also wouldn't mind an end to mid-race joining on CD1. People are out there racing for a reason other than a quick fun blast and I've had more than one good lap, not so much ruined, but definitely made a tad longer because of a late starter holding up proceedings

I don't care so much about having laps ruined (let's face it, when you're running in the 1:44-1:45 range, you're perfectly capable of ruining a lap all by yourself), it's having entire races ruined. A couple days ago I was running 6th and dicing it up with the fifth place guy a bit, so we were naturally both slower (braking earlier, taking less than optimal lines to give each other room), when a mid race joiner who as five or six laps down--and who'd been running far closer to us than he ought to have for several laps--simply ran into the back of me under braking and left me in the kitty litter. In the XRR, that equals race over. Not that I would have won the race, or even finished fifth, but it did deprive me of a couple more laps of fun racing for position with the guy ahead, and kind of ticked me off.
Quote from lawdog :I don't care so much about having laps ruined (let's face it, when you're running in the 1:44-1:45 range, you're perfectly capable of ruining a lap all by yourself), it's having entire races ruined. A couple days ago I was running 6th and dicing it up with the fifth place guy a bit, so we were naturally both slower (braking earlier, taking less than optimal lines to give each other room), when a mid race joiner who as five or six laps down--and who'd been running far closer to us than he ought to have for several laps--simply ran into the back of me under braking and left me in the kitty litter. In the XRR, that equals race over. Not that I would have won the race, or even finished fifth, but it did deprive me of a couple more laps of fun racing for position with the guy ahead, and kind of ticked me off.

Now, its strange but that rarely happens on CD2 so keep trying to get under 1:44.00 and then goto CD2 for some clean racing
Quote from birder :Now, its strange but that rarely happens on CD2 so keep trying to get under 1:44.00 and then goto CD2 for some clean racing

Oh, I am. I should have made it last night. I was monkeying with my setup and by tightening up the diff I was able to run consistent low 1:44's while practicing. So I went over to CD1 and, thinking I'd found the magic setup, promptly tried to find those extra couple of tenths by overdriving the car, braking later than I should have and getting on the throttle earlier and harder.

I don't know what I was thinking. Of course, I just ended up having a couple of glorioius spins, overheating my tires, and generally being slower than normal. 'Twas embarrassing. I'll be online shortly again, with a cool head this time.

To be honest, though, CD1 is usually clean, if you put aside the mayhem that ensues at the start. Once everything gets sorted out, people tend to drive reasonably. Anytime I'm starting to get angry about the racecraft and manners of people on an S2 server, I just hover my mouse over the "Demo" button on the Display List of Servers screen, shudder briefly, and then think to myself "you know, maybe these guys aren't so bad."
Whenever my mouse pointer hovers over the "Demo" server button, this lightning bolt-shaped scar on my head starts aching like all hell ...
Quote from lawdog :Oh, I am. I should have made it last night. I was monkeying with my setup and by tightening up the diff I was able to run consistent low 1:44's while practicing. So I went over to CD1 and, thinking I'd found the magic setup, promptly tried to find those extra couple of tenths by overdriving the car, braking later than I should have and getting on the throttle earlier and harder.

I don't know what I was thinking. Of course, I just ended up having a couple of glorioius spins, overheating my tires, and generally being slower than normal. 'Twas embarrassing. I'll be online shortly again, with a cool head this time.

To be honest, though, CD1 is usually clean, if you put aside the mayhem that ensues at the start. Once everything gets sorted out, people tend to drive reasonably. Anytime I'm starting to get angry about the racecraft and manners of people on an S2 server, I just hover my mouse over the "Demo" button on the Display List of Servers screen, shudder briefly, and then think to myself "you know, maybe these guys aren't so bad."

if u were doing low 1:44s on single player mode that would be the reason you are still slower online, with some cars getting added weight u will be slower and on a track like AS Nat the weight is gonna be a big issue with long straights so that may explain why you were quick then suddenly slower online.
Quote from HRT SHAUN :if u were doing low 1:44s on single player mode that would be the reason you are still slower online, with some cars getting added weight u will be slower and on a track like AS Nat the weight is gonna be a big issue with long straights so that may explain why you were quick then suddenly slower online.

Really? I thought the added weight went on the car regardless? Looks like I need to add some ballast to the car when practicing. Although the last couple of days I've been slower online because I've been driving terribly. I can't blame a porky car for that.
if theres an excuse use it ! , yeah it only goes on standard online because otherwise hotlapping charts would have to be reset with people not being able to get anywhere near the WRs
The As Cadet small GTRs is a lovely combo, some of the best racing I've ever had in LFS has been there in the last few days. As for the big GTRs, it's a nice combo with generally good standards, my only real niggle being people cutting the yellow line coming out the pits.

Unfortunately I've now given up on this server as it seems people blindly vote ban people, first time it happened was after I got taken out by someone, I explained that to the server owners and they very nicely unbanned me. Sadly this time it was somebody going round trying to ban people, who I shouldn't have tried to stand up to (or accidentally completed the vote by pressing 1 trying to save the replay ). I've had my first two bans in LFS both from CD1 and I ain't going back

ConeDodgers License Update
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG