The online racing simulator
Major Poblems
(8 posts, started )
Major Poblems
Ok well, here's the story.

I was getting sick of always having under 30fps so I decided to install new drivers for my Nvidia GeForce 4. I donwloaded the drivers fromt eh site, installed, everything eas going smoothly. Then ones I had them installed the computer prompted me to restart. So I went ahead and restarted, and I was pretty happy thinking I was gonna get a more enhanced game with these drives. wrong.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3036/totalyqueer4vh.png
That's what happens when I open LFS. I opened S1 to see if it was jsut this and it wasnt. I even went to play Unreal Tournament and got the same stuff.

Odly enough Counter Strike works perfectly.

Aside from taht I always get something like that every time I open LFS. IT's always in a different arrangement and colors but it's still all teh same.
I tried rolling back my drivers too but it didn't do a thing.

Any suggestions?

p.s. I may be getting an TI Radeon 9800 Pro, so hopefully that would work.
I suppose you downloaded new 81.8x drivers version. These series are optimized for GeForce 6 n 7 series, so GF4 support can be messed somehow. Also the new drivers just might not "like" some part of your system.(MoBo, AGP, ...) In the end, I don't think that new drivers can help you whenn trying to gain fore FPS in LFS. LFS uses "brute force" power of the system and it is not looking on optimalizations of drivers etc.

PS.: If you can, get that Radeon 9800, it will improve your performance a lot (it is one of the best cards for LFSing)
Yes that's exactly what I downloaded! Any way of un installing ro getting ahole od the feforce 4 driver?
Picking WHQL certified drivers gets you to a safer side. The non-WHQL are often unstable.
Unfortunately WHQL doesn't mean anything anymore. Latest example being the 81.85 (?) drivers that were WHQL but buggy as hell for some cards and it generally had much more users with problems than the average beta driver.
Oh ok, my experience was from 4x.xx series, switched to ATI at that time.
Does your Motherboard have a Via chipset?

I had a similar problem with my Radeon 9550.

It turned out to be a common problem with Via drivers.

Do a google for "Infinite loop" & VIA (although I thought that it only affected ATI cards)

I fixed mine with the solution here -> http://forums.viaarena.com/mes ... 1=%22infinite+AND+loop%22

Major Poblems
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG