The online racing simulator
Racing Line
(16 posts, started )
Racing Line
Hi All,

Now I not sure but I think it was in LFS where you can view the best racing line by means of a green line on the road that you have to follow.
IF there is this in LFS how do you switch it on and off.

Thanks
#2 - DeKo
Nah wasnt LFS, GTR 2 has this feature, dunno about GTR. Maybe thats what you were thinking?
there was a mod that allowed you to see a racing line of a previous lap. i dunno if it works with patch x though.
Geeses - now I'm confused the only sim I was playing before LFS was Test Drive Unlimited ? Oh well maybe I've been staying up too late playing and that all I dream of.
Kegetys' ghost car mod showed you the line and a semi-transparent car driving it, but no idea of its current status/availability.
There already is one. If you look at the track there is a darker line, I think that is the racing line, or am I wrong?
Your right Jason, there is a darker line on the track. On the corners only iirc.
Here is a screenshot...
Attached images
RacingLineEdit.jpg
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Kegetys' ghost car mod showed you the line and a semi-transparent car driving it, but no idea of its current status/availability.

NotAnIllusion is right. It works on single player only though, and the line shown is the one from the best time you have done on a given circuit with a given car.

Another option is to get a WR raf file and use it with ghostcar. (I've seen that somewhere - just search the forum) Is a good way to learn the best lines IMO.

Anyway, not sure if it works with patch x...
Quote from JasonMatthews : There already is one. If you look at the track there is a darker line, I think that is the racing line, or am I wrong?

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=27490
This thread clears up the darker track line debate quite well i think. I was considering deleting my "line" and starting fresh. I would hypothesise that if you deleted the line for the track, set update path to all cars, and then ran a few WR replays or hopped on a server with 1 or 2 top racers it would give you a nice close to perfect line on the track. You can then turn update path off and it will stay as it is for reference. Of course some may consider this an impure method of learning... and its only an idea, i havent tested to see if it works or not.
Quote from jimmytwohand :http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=27490
This thread clears up the darker track line debate quite well i think. I was considering deleting my "line" and starting fresh. I would hypothesise that if you deleted the line for the track, set update path to all cars, and then ran a few WR replays or hopped on a server with 1 or 2 top racers it would give you a nice close to perfect line on the track. You can then turn update path off and it will stay as it is for reference. Of course some may consider this an impure method of learning... and its only an idea, i havent tested to see if it works or not.

Didn't know that, interesting.

Racing Line
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG