The online racing simulator
Question for other DFP users.
(39 posts, started )
Quote from deggis :16x higher resolution... whaaat? illepall

I think it means that the wheel is more accurate.
Quote from kamo2000 :4.40:

Overall Effect Strength: 50%
Spring Effect Strength: 0%
Damper Effect Strength: 0%
Enable Centering Spring = OFF
Report Combined Pedals = OFF

in game: 700
ff: 15-20

ideal for me.

precisely the same here actually
Software:
Overall force 50%
Spring 0%
Damper 0%
Rotation 600 degrees

In-game:
Wheel turn 600
Wheel turn compensation 0
Force strength around 25-35

Quite low FF settings, but still some setups with high caster fight back hard in some situations.
Quote from deggis :16x higher resolution... whaaat? illepall

the 4.40 driver had a resolution of 1024 stepson the steering axis (like the other logitech wheels), while the 4.60 driver has over 16000 steps. you see?

check it with DXTweak
#30 - JTbo
In profiler:
Overall effect strenght 35%

Everything else at 0%

And wheel degrees is 720, but I'm about to give up, too much turning needed to enjoy driving.

In game force is around 14-25% depending from car.

Still steering is bit too sticky and inner wheel effects are not present always, even with Microsoft wheel they were. In overall Microsoft wheel had better forces in LFS than DFP, it was not so sticky.
Quick related question: Once you're running LFS can you switch profiles in the profiler and it updates the controls in-game, or do you have to shut LFS down to change profiles?
Quote from thisnameistaken :Quick related question: Once you're running LFS can you switch profiles in the profiler and it updates the controls in-game, or do you have to shut LFS down to change profiles?

I think I have changed settings in the profiler on the fly, can't be sure of that. I know I've changed button mapping. As for switching the actual profile, can you disable having it automatically open LFS in the profile set for that? Or would you end up openning a 2nd LFS session, not sure.
I'm just thinking in terms of the quickest/easiest way of changing the steering lock and the shifter assignments depending on what car I'm using. I'd forgotten that it saves a profile for each game, rather than arbitrary profiles that you can choose from.

Anybody have a good solution for this?
Overall 67
Spring 67
Damper 67

Centre spring 25

Rotation 900

In-game: between 60% and 80%

Wheel compensation set to 1 .... i think, but i turn my wheel the same they turn the wheel in game, and leave the rotation on 900 for all cars
You might as well put it on 720, since none of the cars have more than 720 degrees of steering lock anyway, that way your wheel won't continue turning, even when the one in game has stopped.
Quote from 96 GTS :You might as well put it on 720, since none of the cars have more than 720 degrees of steering lock anyway, that way your wheel won't continue turning, even when the one in game has stopped.

Yeah but then I'll have a bunch of "spare" rotation that does nothing when driving the MRT etc. I was hoping for a way to switch it on the fly.
leave it at 900° with wheel compensation at 1.0 and you should always have the same rotation like the ingame wheel.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Yeah but then I'll have a bunch of "spare" rotation that does nothing when driving the MRT etc. I was hoping for a way to switch it on the fly.

oh, whoops. I was responding to Vale, not you. But yes, you can change rotation in the profiler on the fly. I don't even use the logi one, I just use hte windows game controller thing, you can do everything from there and not worry about saving profiles for different games.
Quote from inCogNito :the 4.40 driver had a resolution of 1024 stepson the steering axis (like the other logitech wheels), while the 4.60 driver has over 16000 steps. you see?

check it with DXTweak

ok

Question for other DFP users.
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG