The online racing simulator
S3 Price?
(101 posts, started )
ok the origanal price for the game is very reasonable. but haveing to pay again in order to get the next update to the game you already payed for? that is a complete load of bull shit. we should not have to pay again for something we already paid for.
Don't then.

As it is you're just paying for the content, most of the updates are for free. You knew when you brought this game that this is how it works, why complain now?
Quote from iluuv2sk8 :ok the origanal price for the game is very reasonable. but haveing to pay again in order to get the next update to the game you already payed for? that is a complete load of bull shit. we should not have to pay again for something we already paid for.

What?
The updates on this game are aboslutely free. All you are paying for is the content (cars and tracks). You absolutely don't have to pay anything twice with LFS. You need to pay a bit more for S3, but it's only a small price, the price is a lot smaller if you already have S2. Besides compared to other games (RACE, GTR, ...) where you really have to buy the full game periodiocally every year or so, this is much much better.
Quote from geeman1 :What?
The updates on this game are aboslutely free. All you are paying for is the content (cars and tracks). You absolutely don't have to pay anything twice with LFS. You need to pay a bit more for S3, but it's only a small price, the price is a lot smaller if you already have S2. Besides compared to other games (RACE, GTR, ...) where you really have to buy the full game periodiocally every year or so, this is much much better.

You will get the physics and graphics updates even as a S2 license. Just not new cars and tracks. Thats basically the setup.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Yeah I studied up on fuel testing and rating ... last year

Whoops! Goes to show even hardcore forum spamm.. err... users like me still don't always read post dates
Quote from iluuv2sk8 :ok the origanal price for the game is very reasonable. but haveing to pay again in order to get the next update to the game you already payed for? that is a complete load of bull shit. we should not have to pay again for something we already paid for.

You're not. You paid for an S2 license, not an S3 license. You're not paying for anything twice.
arghhh who revived an ancient thread
Yeah...this horse has been flogged to death. Anyway, I still dont understand why people are complaining or comparing LFS to other games.

1. A lot of those complaining are from the richer countries. US$1 is worth $1.50 in my currency and 1 UK pound is worth abt $2.50. So I am paying comparatively more considering that our income here is similar in our local currency as it is in yours. If u think the game is really good then pay and enjoy it. I myself am saving up for it somewhere later this year.

2. You are actually paying for 3 games if u were to compare it. S1 and S2 are all fully functional games and much better built and a lot less buggy than a lot of other games out there. S3 i assume would be the same given their track record. Imagine if u were 2 buy something like Need for Speed. They release one new game every ? number of years and its basically the same thing rehashed just with different music and cars but bascially the same game. So if u pay US$60 for each NFS, if u buy 3 then you end up paying more in the long run than compared to LFS.

Plus the best thing of all. The community in LFS is great and everyone is very helpful. I remember the other day I was online and after racing for a while most people has left and there were only 2 of us left on the server and this guys time was a couple of seconds faster than me. He gave me pointers and even asked me to race around the track with him following just behind me to let me know whta I was doing wrong. I managed to improve my time by abt 1 sec and also maintain consistency in my laptimes where previously i did 1 gd lap and the rest would be crappy.
Quote from r8devil :1. A lot of those complaining are from the richer countries. US$1 is worth $1.50 in my currency and 1 UK pound is worth abt $2.50. So I am paying comparatively more considering that our income here is similar in our local currency as it is in yours. If u think the game is really good then pay and enjoy it. I myself am saving up for it somewhere later this year.

Just because there are a lot of rich sucka$$es in this country, doesn't mean everyone is rich. The ratio between the rich and the normal person is quite extreme. If I live in such a rich country, then why can't I buy food for my children with my paycheck rather than a credit card?

Sorry, but this "US is so rich" thing really bothers me. Parents have to both work to live, and they still can't afford simple things. There's quite a difference between the majority normal folk $20-30,000 per year folks and the "bosses" making $200-300,000 or more per year.
We are still paying and contributing toward the final game as its still called a beta!!! Usually one doesnt pay for a beta

However, this game does kick arse, even if in a beta phase!
Quote from mrodgers :There's quite a difference between the majority normal folk $20-30,000 per year folks and the "bosses" making $200-300,000 or more per year.

Yes and there's quite a difference between these normal folk and those in poorer countries where the price of LFS probably exceeds an entire week's wages. Move to a third world country where sim racing is a luxury that is probably not even heard of, and the cost is likely closer to a month's wages.

Anyone in the west who can afford internet access should consider the price of LFS as reasonable.

I think LFS is priced correctly. The devs have to price it relatively to the price of games in their country, which (in Scawen's case) is the UK. I feel for the people for whom it is relatively very high compared to their income though.
Quote from Belgrom :DAMN , Is release s3 Lees oportunity of buy

IN ARGENTINA THE ECONOMY IS REALY BAD , DAMN And you want we pay more for the GAME?

If In Argentinean we are really bad of economy, as they hope that somebody buys the license s3

My pay as soon as it reaches me to be able to live, if the game follows in Alpha that to be FREE

Can't really understand your bad english, but just because your country have a bad economy the game should be free/cheaper there?
Quote from BrandonAGr :With how much enjoyment I have gotten from LFS I think the current price is a steal

Quote from Belgrom :Alpha = free
Beta = ok money time , not too much
Full game = Ok Now 25 euros for license

I disagree with you, then I rather have it this way.
That you pay 12,24,36 or whatever it is at the beginning (Alpha) and you get the updates for free as it is right now, it is perfect.

I don't see what you would earn on "your system", you would be forced to pay twice to get the full content. Is that going to gain you in your poor country? No. So I don't see how you are thinking.
Quote from CH33TAH :Since I joined when S2 was already out, I noticed that if you had a license in S1 when S2 came out, you could get a discount. S2 was nearly $50US. I was wondering if there would be a cost to S3. Hopefully not, if you have an S2 account. 50$ is what some guys pay for the big name games.

Just thought I'd ask.

you forget we dont have S2 fully yet Still in ALPHA Stages.

The Alpha and Beta labels are a bit misleading on LFS. Even if LFS is alpha you could easily consider it a full game already.
Anyway, things could be a lot worse. It ccould be:
Alpha - only the devs
Beta - beta team only
Final - 50 euros.

The pricing is correct anyway, £36 is a price of a normal game in the UK (and in most of Europe). But as LFS is sold through Internet they can't make the prices per country different, because it would be too easy to cheat and buy the game for the cheapest price of all the countries. It makes the game really expensive for some countries, but there is not much that can be done about it.
The Devs wiil possibly work out a price that will give them the optimum profit which IMO would be around the £24 mark for the current full version.

This is cheap for Europe, the right price for the US and other world countries mabe viewed as slightly expensive and even at this price possibly to expensive for some.

I cannot see the Devs charging for S2 content when S3 eventually comes out but I can see the Devs Reorganising it to £12 for S1 and Another £12 to upgrade to S3 (Full Version) keeping the Price structure very close to what we have today but the eventual figures will be dependant on what is included in S3.

And as I say this Sony drop the Price of the PS3 By $100 to £250 ($499) in the US but still charge Europe £425 Madness

You obviously don't understand the license system. S2 will be final, and that is what you have paid for. S3 will not be started (at least in code) until S2 is final.
Quote from Belgrom :Yea CRACKERD , what gona do?, ban fron forun for have 1 copy cracked to use in single player

Yes.

Bye, bye dumbass.
I want to know how much S4 is going to cost !!!
Quote from Count Duckula :I want to know how much S4 is going to cost !!!

LFS is not supposed to go that far! If the Devs continue after S3 final, I guess it will be a brand new game (probably using the LFS physics engine as a basis).
According to something I read () it said it was only going up to S3.

If we did have S4, it would be £48 from Demo.
There is no S4 planned.

S3 will probably be the "finished" game. But its a long time until that will happen.
Many many light years away...
You mean it exists but is very far away from Earth?

S3 Price?
(101 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG