The online racing simulator
Skip Barber Driving School
(9 posts, started )
So I just got back from the Skip Barber, One Day Driving School and Lime Rock and felt that I should share my experience. Well...amazing is an understatement. I have learned so much about how a car handles, and the POTENTIAL it has, than i have ever thought. The instructors were all a blast. Very funny, intelligent, helpful and understanding. We did exercises such as, lane toss, skid/slide recovery, and threshold braking. At the end of the day we were all put on a mini autocross track and everyone raced about 10 laps. I wound up having the fastest lap out of the 13 people that participated in the school that day. So i was excited about that. I recommend it to anyone that has the money for it. My uncle bought me the ticket and I know it is very expensive. I still can't stress enough of how much i learned today. I never knew you could be so enthusiastic with the steering and still maintain complete control of the car. I think this program is going to help my every day driving tremendously.

Now after and extremely long paragraph, i might as well open up a little discussion. Has anyone else been to the Skip Barber Driving School? Share your experiences.
For about one year now I have been saving a little here and there to participate for a full course school (1 week IIRC?) at my track, Road America.

From what I heard it is well worth it.
I would love to take the three day racing school that Skip Barber offers. I better start saving while I can haha.
I have been considering the Skip Barber experience at Lime Rock Park but their prices are quite steep and that is what is holding me back.
The price is very steep. I probably would not have been able to take the course if my uncle had not bought me the ticket. If you do decide to spend the money and go, it is WELL worth it. I am not exaggerating when i say it was one of the best experiences i have ever had. But then again, I am only 17 haha.
#6 - FL!P
Unfortunately, being on the wrong continent I have no chance to take any of these courses. But I got their Going Faster! book and it taught me lots of things. Very good!
I've bought his book - it's okay, but not quite as good as Caroll Smith's Drive To Win overall. He's obviously talented, but his talent is not at writing, so his real talent is lost in the book.
#8 - P1lot
Quote from FL!P :But I got their Going Faster! book and it taught me lots of things. Very good!

I've got it too, I'd like to think it improved my sim racing - i was previously concentrating on the wrong things.
Quote from FL!P :Unfortunately, being on the wrong continent I have no chance to take any of these courses. But I got their Going Faster! book and it taught me lots of things. Very good!

There ARE driving/racing learning lessons in other countries too you know. In the French part of Belgium there is a rallycross school. I think it's 3 days, you can drive unlimited untill you get the hang of it (not like other places where you have to stop after 5 times or so). They use specialy altered RWD, high powered cars. Looks like a lot of fun!

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG