The online racing simulator
FF settings for MOMO
(13 posts, started )
FF settings for MOMO
After reading this thread I started again fiddle around with the FF settings. I used to keep Spring and Damper Effects turned on but now I turned them off. It really feels much more accurate but also somehow "jerky" (if that's a good word to describe it). I think it just me but what kind of settings you use? Mention also do you have black or red MOMO.

(That thread was for DFP but I wonder how can people play with that heavy (profiler settings 100%, LFS settings 70-100%) force feedback? Isn't DFP's and MOMO's FF strengthness quite the same?)

For now my settings are:

Profiler Setup:

Overall Effect Strength: 40%
Spring Effect Strength: 0%
Damper Effect Strength: 0%
Enable Centering Spring = checked, but set at 0%
And LFS FF setting at 20-40 depending on the car

What's the default wheel turn setting? I've set it at 290°. Black MOMO is 240 degrees but that wouldn't be enough in game.

And what's the truth about the "Enable Centering Spring"? Should it be checked but set at 0% or not checked? I can notice a little difference whether it's checked or unchecked. For me it's feels somehow better when checked or it's just that I have used to it or something. I'm using 4.60 drivers and the bug in that should be fixed in these but what is the truth?
I have Red MOMO, and I always set it like this:

Overall: 50% or 75%
Spring & Damper: 0%
Centering Spring checked and at 0%

And in LFS I usually have the FF at around 50% or anything below 100%. I found out that having the Windows 'overall percentage' and the LFS game percentage should not add up to anything above 100% (should add up to 100% or lower) -- anything higher gives me undesired wobbling and jerkiness. Also the steering degrees in LFS I have set to 270, I think that is default, if not, it is what I have always used. Steering compensation varies too, from .25 to .75 (or 1.00 if the car is too sensitive, like the MRT).

Using latest drivers. MOMO Centering Fix, and DxTweak2 to fix the throttle and brake range when fully pressed (basically a deadzone when pressed so I can have a lazy foot for those races that keep your foot planted )
I might try your settings tweak... looks good.

My black momo, after a good 2 years of use, finally broke something... the black brake spring which makes it feel like a brake pedal. I don't have a sqaush ball an haven't had the chance to buy one, so I cut a tennis ball in half and shoved that in the hole... somewhat dodgy, but at least the brake doesn't feel as soft as the throttle now!!

It felt like the master cyclinder had gone.... one minute the car was braking fine and the next the pedal was on the floor - the only difference was the brakes still worked (unlike when the master cyclinder goes - not a fun feeling).
Well, I posted on the other thread, but I'll post it here too

Black Momo
I don't use the profiler. I've had the FF cut out on me twice, once was at the start of a league race, so I had no choice but to drive the LX6 at Fern Bay with no force feedback. That is a tough one to drive with no FF. I use Joy2key.exe to map the buttons to where I want.

Windows settings:
Overall Effect Strength: 60%
Spring Effect Strength: 138%
Damper Effect Strength: 0%
Enable Centering Spring = unchecked, and set at 0% (unchecked it when the 4.60 drivers came out, haven't tested any effect on checking/unchecking)
And LFS FF setting at 35-65 depending on the car

When I found LFS (S1 demo) I started in the XRGT. I stunk real bad and had terrible frame rates (celeron 667, you old RSC guys remember me with this back then?). I got so far in it and gave up. Just couldn't drive it. Switched to the GTi and finished out S1 demo and the first S2 demo in it. When S2 came out full release, I started driving RWD again and with better knowledge of how to drive RWD, I wouldn't/couldn't go back to FWD. Problem was, I had a big occilation when turning the wheel back to center. It was like there was a big deadzone at +/-5% at center. As I reached 5% from center, the force would give out causing me to overshoot past center and hit the force coming on strong the other way 5% past the center. That is what I am calling my occillation. Also, when the rear would get loose (oversteer) it seemed to me that the forces were delayed a bit, making it impossible for me to correct oversteer. So as the car got loose in the rear, I could see it visually, start to correct, then the force would loosen up as I was turning, and I would overcorrect, thus spinning out the opposite way that I got loose to begin with. When the rear end gets loose, the front wheels try to track in the direction of the front of the car and this seemed to be happening too late in the force feedback. The discussion I mentioned in the other thread on this caused me to try out the 100%+ spring effect setting and now my force feels correct. I get loose, the front wheel force countersteers practically by itself as the front tries to track the direction of the car and it all feels realistic now to me. As well as the occillation I was seeing disappeared.

Tweak sounds reasonable when he says the overall combined force shouldn't be more than 100%. For the most part I drive with 60 in windows and usually 35-45% in LFS so that gives me 100% overall combined +/-5% tollerance.

Edit: Oh yea, I also have a squash ball under the brake pedal. At least I think I do. I've put it in and taken it out so many times now, I can't remember.
Hi,

In LFS I set force at 100%

In MOMO Drivers I set like on picture:
Attached images
MOMO ff.jpg
You should desactivate spring and damper effects on windows, those effects are made by LFS (much better )
windows:
checked and 0

200 percent in LFS
Okay, what's the difference between centering spring checked and unchecked, when the slider is at 0%

Surely it should make naff all difference?
Quote from Quietus :Okay, what's the difference between centering spring checked and unchecked, when the slider is at 0%

Surely it should make naff all difference?

I've read it was just a bug in the Logitech drivers and should have been fixed with the 4.60 version drivers.
Quote from TRM.13 :You should desactivate spring and damper effects on windows, those effects are made by LFS (much better )

Not neccessarily if you read my post above. But it was discussed and argued about at length on the old RSC forum about the spring effect (not centering spring). So, I don't want to see it discussed and argued again here, but if you have occillation problems I've described or feel the feedback as being delayed or something, try my settings out. Completely fixed it for me.
Quote from windmouse :windows:
checked and 0

200 percent in LFS

That can't be true. illepall Are taking part of the strongest man on Earth competition?

Quote from mrodgers :I've read it was just a bug in the Logitech drivers and should have been fixed with the 4.60 version drivers.

Yup. But at least I can feel a little difference whether it's unchecked or checked. When checked it feels more slippery (better for me). Or it's just my imagination. :O
Thanks for that. I get a bit of wheel vibe when at high speeds on a straight, i'll give your settings a try.
Quote from deggis :...That can't be true. illepall Are taking part of the strongest man on Earth competition?...

It actually feels too weak to me..., maybe this small electric engine running FFB is broken or something like that....
EDIT: well, not weak, but it feels just right, not too strong and weak neighter (grammar corections appreciated)

FF settings for MOMO
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG