The online racing simulator
How to recover from grass
(39 posts, started )
Personally, if I find my self on the grass, the way to get recover from it is to drive toward the tarmac'd area.
Any other people experience the snap spin if you drop one of the rear wheels off at the exit of a turn in the f1 or other open wheel cars?
Quote from BrandonAGr :Any other people experience the snap spin if you drop one of the rear wheels off at the exit of a turn in the f1 or other open wheel cars?

Sometimes, but usually i find that by late apexing putting a tire off won't cause the snap-spin. Usually (for me) the snap-spin occurs due to me not having the car attitude adjusted properly at apex.
Quote from BrandonAGr :Any other people experience the snap spin if you drop one of the rear wheels off at the exit of a turn in the f1 or other open wheel cars?

Yes, but it should be like that. Did you see this years Le Mans 24 h race , where the Aston Martin came off a turn and wildly spun.

Yes that happens to me sometimes. Does anyone care to explain to me why this happens? I am just curious as to what causes it.
Quote from ans7812 :Yes that happens to me sometimes. Does anyone care to explain to me why this happens? I am just curious as to what causes it.

I think it's because all the cars weight is shifted to the outside wheels, so if you drop only your outside driven wheel into the grass, you lose a TONNE of traction, and since you still have grip on your front two wheels, the car pivots around them.
It wouldn't make sense if the car pivoted on wheels that had no grip...
Quote from sinkoman :since you still have grip on your front two wheels, the car pivots around them.

Quote from ans7812 :It wouldn't make sense if the car pivoted on wheels that had no grip...

Unless you're talking about something other than what i'm thinking of.
how can the car pivot around wheels that have no grip. Think about it, if you make a pivot in basketball, you turn on the foot that is PLANTED to the ground.
Eat a kebab and a 1ltr of Coke should fix your right up...
Quote from ans7812 :how can the car pivot around wheels that have no grip. Think about it, if you make a pivot in basketball, you turn on the foot that is PLANTED to the ground.

Are you even READING MY POST?

Pivot on the TWO FRONT WHEELS. THE ONES WITH THE GRIP.

The car obviously won't pivot over something with zero grip.

Cripes :P

Quote from richo :Eat a kebab and a 1ltr of Coke should fix your right up...

That's not nearly enough to quell the best of the munchies
Hi,

seeing as I mainly race with FXR, I just floor it and turn towards the tarmac, trying to keep the car as straight and stable as possible while looking out for incoming cars (if I went too wide and clipped the grass, probabilities are that others cars will pass close to me).

I do this with either 2 or 4 wheels on the grass.

With RWD cars, just ease off on the throttle (don't let it go) and gentle bring it back on the tarmac.

Cheers
Nunes
Quote from sinkoman :Are you even READING MY POST?

Pivot on the TWO FRONT WHEELS. THE ONES WITH THE GRIP.

The car obviously won't pivot over something with zero grip.

Cripes :P

WOW. I am COMPLETELY sorry. I definitely did not read your first post correctly. I apologize for my stupidity. (and yes, it makes sense now)

How to recover from grass
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG