The online racing simulator
LFSTSView a little prog by Gai-Luron
Hello racer,

Today, i do for fun a little prog to visualize who speak in TS in your LFS screen ( in buttons ). You can set size and position in the cfg file. You must be on track or other player must be on track. Ok, Team Speak Overlay do the same thing, but with more CPU usage :haha:

ScreenShoot

To download

http://ks37764.kimsufi.com/mods/LFSTSView1.0.rar

In the rar you can find source of this prog.

ToDo

- I don't know, i think about this... maybe

How to use

Configure your insim host,port and passwd in cfg file and launch the application.

All prog by Gai-Luron (a part, not all is released , not all is releasable)

LFSTSView :http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=27339
LFSLapper :http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=25756
LFSStat : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=24933

Gai-Luron
#2 - Jakg
Got any screenshots?
Good prog, Gai-Luron, I downloaded it for use in my team
#5 - vane
great idea, bad thing is my mic dont work
#6 - Davo
Thanks this will definitely come in handy in an upcoming race.
Nice.. but been using this one since june, which works well for me.
Hello,

Thank you for this information. I did not know the existence of this similar program.

However, I don't think of having lost 2 hours of my time to create this utility because i always give the sources of my programs for the curious ones and those which would want to modify them. ( you can add the choice of channel, etc.. )
Indeed, if insim is again modified and if I don't want modify my programs, somebody can do the changing because it has the sources. Remember LFSStat, Smith don't want release his source and i have to rewrite all. Fortunately that Monkster gave its sources, if not today LFSLapper would have died. (Thank's again Monkster )

I don't understand why programmer for LFS keep sources . It's a pity.

Gai-Luron
Have tried both now.. both work, and while I like the one I linked to, I like the options to change the button sizes.. and of course Im thankful for those who understand how to program these things, im afraid I wouldnt have a clue.
Gai-Luron, I created the other TS application that mkinnov8 linked to. While I haven't had a chance to try your version yet, from what mkinnov8 is saying it looks like my version is a little more flexible than yours, hence, I was thinking that we could collaborate and merge the two programs into one.

I don't see any point in having two programs that do the same thing, and development will probably happen a lot faster if there are two of us working on it.
Hello,

There is no problem to merge the two application. In fact, when i write, i don't know existence of your. I do it for fun and it take 2 hours to dev it! You have the source of mine and yours. Look what is the better sources, i use some code object i use in Lapper and LFSStat ( insim, codepage, etc... ).

For me it's not a problem to merge or no. As you want . But the only thing i want is that sources are released with application.

A good evolution is to be select channel on LFS, and change TS server. What do you think about?

Gai-Luron
I'll have a look at your source code and have a look which is better. I suspect it will be yours since this was my first C# application. The only problem is that I'm rather busy at the moment, so I may not get around to it for a little while. I'll report back here when I do. (Alternatively, if you have more time, I could send you my code and you could merge the two.)

I had already thought about allowing users to change TS channel from within LFS, so I agree that is a good idea.

Also, I am happy to release the source.
Hello,

I see this message http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=2412 and this prog not to be upgrade to insim4.

Who is interested to add this fonctionalities in LFSTSView and rename it to:

LFSRelax ( programm who help racer to be relax :razz

Gai-Luron
Well Gai-Luron, I always wanted to use AutoMessage but used to run Pitspotter which meant the only insim 3 port available was already used. Now that insim 4 allows for multiple connections then it would be great to have automessage updated.
If it was part of LFSTSView then that would be handy, only one insim app to handle them both, nice & easy
LFSRelax =
Saying all that I don't think it is a critical app that many ppl used alot. But I would personally use so it would at least automatically say hello and goodbye to other racers

EDIT: On second thoughts, personally I think it would be better to keep them as separate app's or have the ability to switch it on or off without switching LFSTSView off. Particularly for when racing in league races as you don't want auto messages being generated mid race

Speaking of which have you thought about trying to update or develop a new version of Pitspotter as it looks as though Kegetys is not interested in updating his original program.
Many, many ppl miss it and would like to see it return.
Sorry for the off topic post and also if you have been asked before.
This program just work in a server or a client could use it?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG