The online racing simulator
Misfire?
(8 posts, started )
Misfire?
Hey all lfs drivers, would it be possible to make a mod so it would come flames from the exhaust pipe when u change gear or rev it to high and engine brake ?

/ ShowDrifter > xro
Probably not, as the functionality isn't there to be modded, and the devs aren't likely to put little details like that until after Beta is done.
You could always try bribing them... e.g. Scawen is doing home improvement, a 50k£ gift certificate to a Home Depot near him might get it done..
Thats what we said about a ghost car in LFS.

The best way to put is that it is highly unlikly unless Kegety is able to do it or wants to do it
Quote from seggons :Thats what we said about a ghost car in LFS.

The best way to put is that it is highly unlikly unless Kegety is able to do it or wants to do it

Indeed, kegety's work is impressive to say the least!
I guess we never know...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but thats NOT what a misfire is!
If I have understood correctly, misfire (as in misfiring system) causes fuel to get in to the turbo and it retards the ignition so that the fuel in the turbine explodes there. Bad part about it is that the turbos really don't like fuel combusting inside them, so misfiring system is usually used in racing scene (rally..) where the cost of a new turbo isn't that big deal in comparison to the gain that misfiring system gives. Someone correct me please if I'm wrong.

What you're talking about is propably called backfire
you're refering to the ALS (anti lag system), basically when you close the throttle(in gearchanges mostly)instead of actually shutting the throttle butterfly, it keeps the butterfly open at full bore and cuts the ignition instead (allows the turbo to keep spinning) thus dumping a load of unburnt fuel into the exhaust, witch as a side effect goes boom and can whizz the turbo round even more. hence flames and popping

a backfire's pretty much the same thing, (fuel not burning in the chamber) but caused my many different things (closed throttle on hard overrun is usual for my motor)

and a misfire is usually just a glitchy ignition system etc. that causes the engine to miss a few beats every now and then, (sometimes resulting in a backfire)

hope that clears it up
ALS on the FXR, and XRR to a lesser degree, would be really cool and useful.

Misfire?
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG