The online racing simulator
Vista + G25 ?
(18 posts, started )
Vista + G25 ?
Hi i just installed LFS and i got a logitech G25
it is totaly ****ed in LFS cant get it to work. is this a know problem with G25 and LFS in vista? or am i just ****ing up. It works fine in TDU
Yes, im a bit confuzzled too. Ive read the specs on the G25 and it said it was Vista compatible. Did you have a wheel or pad before you got your g25?
hi
its a fresh new pc with vista on
i did go to logitech and get the newest driver
I figured out how to fix the problem, i minimized the game, opened controller configs, set the wheel to 200~ degrees and maximized. then it was working perfect. now i could minimize agian and set it back to 900
Awsome game btw, gonna play that alot more
#5 - need
As far as I'm aware, the G25 works fine one Vista 32bit.
I'm having a few issue with it on Vista 64bit, where the software doesn't keep it's settings. So I have to reset everything each time I load it up to go racing. Other than that though it's fine.
#6 - jeno
g25 and vista x64
Does G25 work with vista ultimate x64 ?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No
#7 - Davo
Quote from need :I'm having a few issue with it on Vista 64bit, where the software doesn't keep it's settings. So I have to reset everything each time I load it up to go racing. Other than that though it's fine.

Same problem here on X86. I have to adjust my rotation, uncombine pedals and set the FFB.
Vista = Homo.

Period.
#9 - Davo
No, Logitech need to get off their ass and make some proper drivers.
Quote from Logitech Website :
Due to changes in the way USB drivers are recognized in Windows Vista, some users may experience a problem with software installation of the Logitech G25 Racing Wheel for PC. During installation, the G25 wheel may not be detected by the operating system and there might also be operating system messages stating that the device has a problem. If you are experiencing this issue, we suggest that at the point during installation when the device should be recognized (as indicated in the installer interface), unplug the wheel, pause for a moment, and then plug the wheel back in to the same USB port. The operating system and installer should then recognize it. Rebooting the computer will also allow the operating system to recognize the device.

I can categorically state that this DOES NOT WORK...well, it doesn't work for me
I can run my G25 in Vista, what I cannot do is get the profiler to recognize it.
This was with a 100% clean install of Vista...the only software added after the install was LFS, and when I tried installing the drivers for the G25, the wheel is NOT discovered at all but the profiler.
I tried contacting customer support at Logitech, but was told that this is a common problem and they are working on it....probably at the same speed and with the same commitment as Atari are working on a patch for TDU
Haven't had any issues with my G25 in Vista (32 bit) whatsoever. Works just as well as in XP I did download the latest drivers from their site, though; I think the ones that came on the CD weren't the most recent version.
Quote from obsolum :....I did download the latest drivers from their site, though;

So did I

Quote from obsolum :I think the ones that came on the CD weren't the most recent version.

They aren't
So what's better in the new drivers?
Small Bump!!

I'm looking to upgrade my PC and possibly going towards vista.
I have a g25 and would like confirmation that all is well with the drivers and FFB with LFS.
#16 - Woz
Quote from mrfell :Small Bump!!

I'm looking to upgrade my PC and possibly going towards vista.
I have a g25 and would like confirmation that all is well with the drivers and FFB with LFS.

Unless you NEED DX10 forget Vista. XP work well and the driver support in Vista is crap still. Companies are still avoiding and so are developers.

Keep you money Vista will cost until you know its not Windows MEII
To answer fells question.....

Im using a G25 in vista ultimate 64bit without problems. All is recognised in the profiler, i can create new profiles, change settings etc. etc. All is well.

There are cases of people having problems with vista, but even if you do have a problem, it can usually be sorted easily. (updating the drivers usually sorts it)
I didnt read all the posts ..but i was in the same boat...G25 Brand new Pissed as hell it didnt work on vista ...FOr me it would Be on combined switch it to seperate an make sure in profiler its seperate ...Then align the axis and it should work MSN me if you need help and im on!!! im glad to Help!!

Vista + G25 ?
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG