The online racing simulator
Car selection made simple
(8 posts, started )
I admit I haven't read the entire section, so don't kill me if this has been brought up before.

As a server admin I change the car selection on a server quite often. Some weird combinations arise, and they can be a pain in the ... to type in. And if you're gonna change one car, you have to type the whole thing again. Would it be possible to be able to add and subtract from the current selection by using + and -?

An example: We have allowed LX4, LX6, RAC and FZ50 by typing /cars lx4+lrf. If we want to race the gti and GT as well, we have to type /cars xfg+xrg+lx4+lrf. So, what if we want to go all rwd? We have to type /cars xrg+lx4+lrf. I think it would be simpler to just type /cars -xfg. And to add the MRT, just type /cars +mrt. Simple, efficient, fast, easy to remember.

So +CARNAME to add to current selection, -CARNAME to remove from selection.

Comments?
#2 - Lible
+1
Yep, I'll add support for that one, even if I've never used a dedi server myself.
good idea, very easy to do. I would love this.
#5 - Spurs
I like this idea too
but to input cars in the first place the '+' is already used. i guess this could be swapped with another symbol. that would mean if you didnt just want to just add/subtract cars you can still input them.

e.g. /cars LX4*LX6
If you use just the +, without any preceding carname, it should be taken as an addition.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG