The online racing simulator
Playing swat the fly!
(3 posts, started )
Playing swat the fly!
Hi all,

Just a little something I’ve been playing lately.

The track:
South City Sprint 1 Circuit – 5 laps

The starting grid:
5No LX4’s (AI) = The ‘Swats’
1No MRT at the back of the grid (Me! ) = The ‘Fly’

With the MRT starting at the back of the grid, the idea is to win (obviously!), however with 5 AI LX4’s starting in front of you, things become … erm … interesting!

Work your way through the pack to the finish line while avoiding the (myopic) AI cars.

For me, at my level of competence (or should that be incompetence?:nod, lap times ‘round SCS1 are roughly the same in these two cars but the MRT is quicker ‘round the corners and tighter bends, while the LX4’s are faster ‘round the sweepers and down the straights. This makes for an ‘interesting’ race.

A few tips:
  • Virtual rear view mirror is essential – you’ll need a clear view of the LX4’s coming at you from behind down the straights, because ...
  • Trying to stay on the racing line down the straights with an LX4 in tow is a no-no – get off the racing line quick, or prepare to be swatted :ouch:.
  • Needless to say, you’ll (be trying to) drive a clean race. As you can imagine, trying to muscle the big boys out of the way can also result in a severe swatting! :smash3d:
  • Agility is your best weapon:fence3d:. Use it to your advantage by nipping in between the LX4’s on the slower parts of the circuit.
  • This particular arrangement works for me, but you can obviously alter the number and ability of AI cars and the number of laps to get the balance right for you.
Not sure if this will work when Scawen gives the AI a brain and some spectacles in a future update though. They’ll probably end up a bit too careful and considerate to make this game as much fun as it is right now.

Anyway, that’s the most fun I’ve had with the AI so far!

Cheers.
Quote from dungbeetle :Not sure if this will work when Scawen gives the AI a brain and some spectacles in a future update though. They’ll probably end up a bit too careful and considerate to make this game as much fun as it is right now.

you could just save all the new updates into another lfs folder and keep the current unupdated version for you little game? lol. if you like it so much it could be worth the trouble
Quote from Captain Slow :you could just save all the new updates into another lfs folder and keep the current unupdated version for you little game? lol. if you like it so much it could be worth the trouble

Yeah, could do.

Mind you, it's just a bit of fun to practice going for gaps cleanly without pushin' an' shovin'.

Not that I'll complain when the new AI arrives though - I'm really looking forward to that!

Playing swat the fly!
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG