The online racing simulator
TCP Socket: bind failed - Error
(11 posts, started )
Hello, Trying to start my first Dedi server and keep getting this error "TCP Socket: bind failed"

any help would be appreciated
Bind failed, usually caused by -
1. LFS set to use an address which isn't present on the machine you're running the server
2. the port is already in use / something is preventing you from using that port
Quote from the_angry_angel :
1. LFS set to use an address which isn't present on the machine you're running the server

How do i fix this?

cheers
If this is the cause then you've inappropriately set the /ip configuration option in your dedicated server config file. Leave it commented out (//) to set it to auto.
Ok done that and no change

"2. the port is already in use / something is preventing you from using that port"

How do i go about checking this ?

thanks again
I have now solved this problem

Now i have another, when i try to conenct to the server it says "connecting to host" then after about seconds drops out

cheers
ur firewall should have a port added for it to run
-
(noobie4ever) DELETED by noobie4ever
I have the same problem, but i have router, and forwarded ports to my local ip, and in setup dedi server paste external ip, dedi write message "tcp socket:...", and when change external ip to local, dedi write: online, but in racelist, i didnt saw my server.
sorry for my bad english
Local servers do not appear in the race list, You should log on to LFS World and check if your server is visible there instead.
Quote from franky500 :Local servers do not appear in the race list, You should log on to LFS World and check if your server is visible there instead.

That's a bit imprecise. If the server uses the /usemaster=yes option and if the port-forwarding (and firewall, respectively) is set up correctly, it will appear in the servers-list.
Quote from chucknorris :That's a bit imprecise. If the server uses the /usemaster=yes option and if the port-forwarding (and firewall, respectively) is set up correctly, it will appear in the servers-list.

nope, i did this: port-forwarding and ect. but server not appear. and i dont know what IP need to write: local or external, if i have router, cuz of this reason: "....in setup dedi server paste external ip, dedi write message "tcp socket:...", and when change external ip to local, dedi write: online, but in racelist, i didnt saw my server."

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG