The online racing simulator
this game soo stressing =(
(40 posts, started )
all i do is crash crash crash and i come last every time i need help real help my brain help too and driving ith g25 wheel
#2 - mr_x
practice, practice, practice.

That's all anyone will say to you, learn the tracks, learn the cars. Drive something slower, you might not like that idea, but the slower cars help you learn the tracks, it's what I did, and found they were awesome fun to race and I rarely touch the GTR cars and never use Single Seaters now.
maybe you could post a replay of a race so somebody can have a look and give you some tips
#4 - Tube
I feel your pain. just tried to play Sega Rally 2 again for the first time after 8 years or so and failed miserably. It's just a matter of practice I guess.
#5 - dadge
it's better to go too slow round a corner (and learn to build up to the propper apex speed) than it is to go too fast and crash off. drive slow on purpose at first and build up to a proper pace. after about 30 mins to 1 hour later you will be maybe 1 second a lap slower (maybe less) than the leaders and that's when the real fun starts.
well i am driving teh slowest car in s1 becuz i kinda unlocked s2 to many times and soo i try slow cars and ina fx i get 1.48 i dont know wht any thing should be on force strenght 20 an dont have any set up =S soo confussed
Quote from Austin31287 :well i am driving teh slowest car in s1 becuz i kinda unlocked s2 to many times and soo i try slow cars and ina fx i get 1.48 i dont know wht any thing should be on force strenght 20 an dont have any set up =S soo confussed

cheers they help ^^
#9 - dadge
don't eat too many or you'll need some rittle-out
=) ^^^
i will just see wht happens
ok ok it just really stessy but i understand can any 1 help with set ups
its probably not your setup if you crash every race its your driving that needs working on, then when you get consistent enough setups will help. as i said earlier, posting a replay will help us find out what is making you crash every race and help
how can i get a replay
1) Drive
2) Press '2'
3) ???
4) Profit
#16 - Jakg
Your WAY too agressive with the throttle/brakes/gears.

Brake earlier, steer less etc...
Watch some of the SPRs on LFS World, go to the hotlaps section and click on the laptime to download the replay.

You need to be a lot smoother. At the moment you're practically driving as if you were using a keyboard. Full throttle, lots of steering etc.

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/images/_8119_figure30.gif
Basically that's how you want to position your car when cornering (line m).

Calm it all down, take the widest line into the corner, get the bulk of the braking done in a straight line. Hit the apex (inside of the corner) and then gently start accelerating on the exit. Take is slowly to start with and build up the speed as you gain confidence.

At the moment you're being so aggressive with the throttle that you end up using so much steering lock to make up for the understeer. Also don't shift down the gears so hard.
when you accellerate out of the turns you actually lose speed because you are drifting try to go slower into the apexes and then gas on smoothly keeping the nose of the car pointing as straight as possable

try to find a smooth line from T1 to the chicain exit without swishing that rear under gas

It could be setup related too try some different ones if you can.

SD.
Im off work tomorrow m8, im certainly not the fatest LFS racer out there but if your that stuck i can give u some tips and u can follow me round and watch my braking points and turn ins.

Im in the uk so any time tomorrow day and ill spend an hour or so with u ona private server if u want.
ok ty that alot of help btw s1 atm ^^ i want my s2 bk
#21 - DeKo
Quote from Austin31287 :ok ty that alot of help btw s1 atm ^^ i want my s2 bk

How did you manage to unlock S1 and not S2?
i unlocked s2 to many times in the wekk soo i cant unlock now ^^til friday
pc had probs its gd now

Quote from spankmeyer :
3) ???
4) Profit

I get really stressed when I turn on LFS and it turns out I'm not in 'The Zone'.
Quite often I'll turn it on, crash 3 corners in and turn it off again in disgust. Other times though I'll happily play for hours.

The best advice I can give is go slower then you need to at first and concentrate on taking a smooth and accurate racing line. Speed will come naturally later as you learn to anticipate things without having to conciously think about them.

(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG