The online racing simulator
#1 - Tube
"extra weight" setting for leagues?
In some touring car leagues, drivers have to add a certain amount of extra weight for each time they hit the top ranks.

I think this would be easy to implement and benefitial (sp?) for the leagues where the top driver ends up lapping the competition several times under normal circumstances
Yep, mentioned before, a weight handicap system would indeed create closer, more exciting racing.
#3 - shim
such a think would mean the faster guys wouldnt want to go so fast in the qual's and use the extra light weight in the main race..
Quote from shim :such a think would mean the faster guys wouldnt want to go so fast in the qual's and use the extra light weight in the main race..

Usually the weight is added to the second race, not after qualify
It would be cool if this would be possible.

Moreover, I think it would be a good thing if as many of the rules/restrictions that are used in real life would be options in LFS (for instance, amount of tyres for a "race weekend", no refueling between quali and race, etc...)
#6 - ysu
It'd be very-very nice to have a feature to add weight.
Even if it'd be as simple as adding passengers, just to set the extra weight at the settings and go with this based on honesty, or have some kind of display of the extra weight somewhere (on the car, or in the results)
If I beat somebody who was carrying handicap weights I'd be pretty bummed about it.
Yeah, but the point is not really whether you like it or not. League admins should be able to enforce as many of the rules used in real racing leagues, for whatever purpose.

With this addition, limited tyres, virtual Parc Fermées, etc we will be able to emulate whatever type of competition we like. Which would be a good thing.
Yeah I guess. But then I don't think the push-to-pass button is a good idea either.
We once drove a few races (uf1, fe) and everytime somebody won he had to take a passenger onboard. was veeeeeery funny!!!!
But don't get too much bureaucracy into the game, this kills every sport!
i brought this up before on RSC, this and limited tyres would enhance league racing 10 fold! At the moment people get bored and tend to leave leagues they are not at the sharp end of the table. At least with these two other things it keeps the racing close and really can mix up the results quiet alot.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG