The online racing simulator
Training AI
(6 posts, started )
Training AI
I was just wondering what are some tips to keep in mind while training AI. I've been told to clear all previous .knw files and start from scratch; getting each AI to do 10 laps or so in the desired car by themselves. I've also read that placing haybales and other such objects at key places (like the blackwood chicane) will help keep the AI from "learning" to cut at those places. Another one is getting an AI to run with several different classes of opponents to increase their passing skills.

Are there any other tips any of you know of?
One tip I know is wait for Patch Y when their brain transplant is complete
HAHA, thanks TGL :P I have an idea in my head which I am quite anxious to pursue. I'm not sure I can wait for Patch Y
Add a single GTR car (because they're very wide) that has a substantial intake reduction and weight penalty. This will help them (kind of) get the hang of passing.
I don't know what you have in mind, Maggot, but from my experience training the AI is really a waste of time right now. The thing is, if you train them for a considerable amount of laps, they'll be much faster in the end than they were in the beginning of the session (But only as long as they don't reset). And as soon as you start a new session, the AI is worse than ever before, because it's trying to use the previously learned line and speeds -- but obviously that doesn't work on cold tires. So, the AI nowadays is actually worse than it was in S1, imho .

Training AI
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG