The online racing simulator
Laptop cooling
(6 posts, started )
Laptop cooling
Hi,

I've been having major trouble recently with FPS drops on my laptop. I can play away grand at 80-90 FPS then all of a sudden it will drop to ~10 FPS...
Anyway i found some software that came wit my laptop to monitor the CPU temp... once i ran this i could see the temp running at 90 - 95 degrees while playing LFS

So as a solution i have my laptop sitting on my window sill wit the window open... that gets the temp down to 90ish... obviously i cant do this if it's raining

So my question is does anyone know of any good laptop coolers?

Anything here? http://www.komplett.ie/k/search.aspx?q=laptop+cooler
My solution is fairly basic, but it works VERY well. I have my laptop resting atop 4 empty film canisters, with an air filter/fan directly next to it, blowing air underneath it. I used to have drops from 70fps to 20fps or so, but with the fan on it NEVER happens anymore.

May not be exactly what you were asking for but it saved me a lot of money and trouble... Another you might want to try is unscrewing your fan from the bottom and seeing if there is any dust/debris that needs cleaning out.
Nice advice ^^
I opened it up and the heat sink was full of dust! I cleaned it out and it dropped 20 degrees straight away!
No need to buy a cooler! Thanks man!
#5 - P1lot
If you still need extra cooling (maybe inthe height of summer), there's stands available for laptops with integral fans such as these

Edit: you're well aware of laptop coolers... I'll shut up now :X
Quote from Urban_Eagle1 :Woah and i thought i was the only one lol, i usally have it on my lap with my lying down lol with the fan facing where ever open air is, but usally it over heats anyway lol. But yeah im not much help im just saying it happens to me as well.

You might want to open up the back and clean it out, that helped me a LOT! It's running at high 60's now instead of mid 90's!

Laptop cooling
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG