The online racing simulator
TCP Socket problem..
(7 posts, started )
TCP Socket problem..
Hello, I Have tried to make a server but it just says; "TCP Socket: Bind Failed"

Assumptions

Throughout the entire guide, I assume that you dont change the default port (which is 63392) that you've set for LFS to use. If you do change it, then you need to substitute 63392 for the port you've set LFS to bind to.

Well, I Think I have changed that port one time.. "then you need to substitute 63392 for the port you've set LFS to bind to." I Don't understand that.. Can anyone help me?
#2 - amp88
If you changed the port from 63392 to 12345 you need to use 12345 instead of 63392. Is that what you're asking?
Bind failed, usually caused by -
1. LFS set to use an address which isn't present on the machine you're running the server
2. the port is already in use / something is preventing you from using that port
Check the ports that are already used by your system.
With windows: netstat -an
With linux: netstat -ln
The port u want to use for lfs should not be listed there otherwise change it.
Yea well I don't remember what port i have typed in there
Quote from yankman :Check the ports that are already used by your system.
With windows: netstat -an
With linux: netstat -ln
The port u want to use for lfs should not be listed there otherwise change it.

Where is the system
Hello.. I got the server working but still almost working.. I downloaded the dedicated server from lfs.net. The problem is, nobody can't see my server.. Not even me.. I tried to connect in there from "Join specific game" But it didn't connect.. Anyone know what's the problem?

---> Moving in another thread

TCP Socket problem..
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG