The online racing simulator
InSim request..
(16 posts, started )
InSim request..
Hello

I am developing a InSim application for LiveForSpeed, have been a tried time to cause that single it is possible to be entered boxes from the garage and that shift+p cannot be done or saves boxes, like in the server of Live To Cruise.

I hope that somebody can help me.
Quote from revolucio :Hello

I am developing a InSim application for LiveForSpeed, have been a tried time to cause that single it is possible to be entered boxes from the garage and that shift+p cannot be done or saves boxes, like in the server of Live To Cruise.

I hope that somebody can help me.

WHAT!
Ok I did a translation on google from english to spanish and from the results I can say he wants the following:

He needs help in writing an insim application which acts like on the (sh***y) Cruise servers. There you need to buy you cars and you loose your car if you just quit, spectate or go to pits when you are not in the pit lane/the pit spots.

So he wants to write an app which forces the driver to park in front of the pit boxes in order to go to the pit setup screen.
Quote from GeForz :Ok I did a translation on google from english to spanish and from the results I can say he wants the following:

He needs help in writing an insim application which acts like on the (sh***y) Cruise servers. There you need to buy you cars and you loose your car if you just quit, spectate or go to pits when you are not in the pit lane/the pit spots.

So he wants to write an app which forces the driver to park in front of the pit boxes in order to go to the pit setup screen.

oh RIGHT lmao
Quote from GeForz :Ok I did a translation on google from english to spanish and from the results I can say he wants the following:

Yes, the application is for a league, to do it really.
-
(revolucio) DELETED by revolucio
I'm not following what you want though?

Cruise-style mod, but for a league? Either we're not understanding, or there's a language barrier
Quote from the_angry_angel :I'm not following what you want though?

Cruise-style mod, but for a league? Either we're not understanding, or there's a language barrier

Its for do the league really.
Quote from revolucio :Its for do the league really.

And I still don't understand what it is you want?
Quote from the_angry_angel :And I still don't understand what it is you want?

I want to create an application for a league. This app I would like that to can enter in box, the driver must be in the garage with the car to can enter and no around the track, just in boxes, like CLC do...
Quote from revolucio :I want to create an application for a league. This app I would like that to can enter in box, the driver must be in the garage with the car to can enter and no around the track, just in boxes, like CLC do...

Cant u ask the people at the cruise server maybe they will understand what you want,
What the guy wants is to limit being able to go to the garage screen (i.e. to pit) to when the player is stopped in a valid pit box. i.e. he doesn't want the player to be able to pit if they're not stationary in front of the pit building.
i think he wants
1. you connect to a server and get a small car
2. drive nice laptimes / win races and earn "money"
3. buy from this money a better car
4. do step 2.
5. disconnect must be in pits or you lost you car.
6. on reconnect and if you was in pits got you old car if not start with step 1.

that is my understanding of the problem
Quote from madcop :i think he wants
1. you connect to a server and get a small car
2. drive nice laptimes / win races and earn "money"
3. buy from this money a better car
4. do step 2.
5. disconnect must be in pits or you lost you car.
6. on reconnect and if you was in pits got you old car if not start with step 1.

that is my understanding of the problem

No, I don't want create a City Driving server, I only want to do what JamesF1 says
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
Quote from MonkOnHotTinRoof :It is not possible to prevent players from spectating or pitting. Action can only be taken after that event already occurs.

Or maybe pit/spectate button can be covered very fast with custom button so player cannot click on it ?

The problem is not to prevent someone from spectating or pitting, but to prevent him from rejoining after pitting (if not pitted from pitlane position) or spectating. And this is not really a problem.

kind regards
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
Quote from MonkOnHotTinRoof :Um... Why would that be a problem and for who ? I think you misunderstood the issue here. Doesn't matter, I helped him with basic source... Hopefully he can continue himself.

I wrote, that this is not a problem, really. And to add some additional words, what I wrote is the way, how I would implement his request.
As you already wrote, it is not possible to prevent someone from spectating or pitting (the button idea will also be useless because of short cuts on the keyboard). Therefore I would prevent the player from rejoining after pitting from an invalid place (kicking him into spectationg mode after an unallowed rejoin). This is possible and easy to implement.
If you have a better idea, please tell.

regards
Right all he wants is something to stop people pitting on track, make race more realistic and if people crash then they cannot pit where they are, they have to drive there.
He is explaning it in a difficult way but he just wants to make it so you cant just pit, you must be in a garage

InSim request..
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG