The online racing simulator
Befor The Race
(14 posts, started )
Before The Race
Hello there.

Im a MotoGp fan, and some of you may have seen the race today, and the way Valentino Rossi rode his bike was absolutely outstanding.

And as a motogp fan, iv made my Fox car which i race alot on the Redline server as valentino rossi colours.

And iv allways wonder'd what valentino rossi is thinking when he does his famouse moment befor a race when he bends down looking at his bike, clearing his mind etc. (see the picture at the bottom for what i mean)

And allso when im racing on the server im allways thinking of how Valentino rossi can do amazing victorys even when he starts way down on the grid, so that helps me concentrate when i race too

Anyway iv made a short fox video HD of course, about what i beleive must be going through his mind when preparing for a race, obviously fox is nothing like a bike but you know... im allways thinking about bikes even when im racing on lfs the video is mainly focused on my car.

The video in general, i made it pretty quickly, only taken a hour soo.. dont expect miracles im not an expert at videos and i know the video shots arent the greatest after the intro, i got bored after bout 15 mins lol and theres some mistakes/errors and stuff i missed but i really cant be botherd to fix it lol and i ran out of ideasss ... soo

Link to the video: 88MB WMV format HD 720 res
http://rapidshare.com/files/40300280/Ready_to_race.wmv

Allso Iv taken a 720 HD Unedited Screenshot of my car from the video for any Rossi fans

And iv allso uploaded a picture of him with his 2007 colours on his Fiat Yamaha

Enjoy, Thanks for looking!
Attached images
images.jpg
Rossi.jpg
ross2.jpg
sry, anything but youtube, dont want to loose the quality, i mainly made it cause of HD if nothing else
i say,always give 2 choice here:youtube and download link.coz lots of ppl first want to see what is rly they gonna download,if they like it on mytube so they will download it and see in hd.
anyway its a nice vid,smooth,good quality
#5 - Jakg
Well, it would be better if it was from an SPR as the lag makes it look a bit naff, but apart from that it was good.

I find it wierd that its jumpy using WMP with PureVideo installed (although just installed - do i need to run/enable it?) on an AMD 3700/7950GT, i can't imagine the GPU can't keep up, and the CPU is only running around 40%. One problem is that the GPU is underclocked from 580 MHz to 400 for 2D mode, but i can't imaging that would be much of a problem.

What can i do?
Quote from Jakg :Well, it would be better if it was from an SPR as the lag makes it look a bit naff, but apart from that it was good.

I find it wierd that its jumpy using WMP with PureVideo installed (although just installed - do i need to run/enable it?) on an AMD 3700/7950GT, i can't imagine the GPU can't keep up, and the CPU is only running around 40%. One problem is that the GPU is underclocked from 580 MHz to 400 for 2D mode, but i can't imaging that would be much of a problem.

What can i do?

The quality of the data rate in the MPR's is fairly poo to be honest, i recorded it live i didnt do half speed and speed it up but for me there is not a visable jumpyness of the image its as smoothe as silk.

Im not sure about PureVideo, i never botherd with it when i had my old nvidia cards, iv allways been a bit of a ati fan. Id say the Cpu could verry slightly be holding back the card, but only by about 5% of the cards maximum bandwidth.

As for the 2D clocks, that shouldnt matter unless its a 1080 HD video, then it would be verry jumpy in 2D mode.

If you want to overclock the 2D/3D clocks i would reccomend RivaTuner (Most people on nvidia pfer this tool) But me my self, i pfer AtiTool which is compatable with all the cards. Both programs do the same as each other, its just a matter of which interface you like better.

Hope that helps

Oh and allso, the video is PAL 25fps so it may vary depending on your media player for the playback results. I used PAL so that more viewers will be able to run it on lower specification machines
#7 - Jakg
My CPU is running at 3 GHz making it faster than a FX57, and if it can do LFS with ease i don't see a video holding it back!

The card is overclocked, i just dont see a point running high clocks for 2D Mode seeing as nothing should tax it in 2D mode, might as well run a little cooler Idle
I liked the video a lot especially the focus on the locked tyre! Well done.
Could you tell me something about the soundtrack?
Quote from Jakg :My CPU is running at 3 GHz making it faster than a FX57, and if it can do LFS with ease i don't see a video holding it back!

The card is overclocked, i just dont see a point running high clocks for 2D Mode seeing as nothing should tax it in 2D mode, might as well run a little cooler Idle

The Cpu being single core might hold back the graphics card a verry verry verry microscopicly slightness but not enough to tell the difference from full speed tho. But your hardware wont be the problem as its not exactly low low spec compaired to my mums extinct dinosaw, not sure about the jumpyness to be honest, could be somthing to do with the PAL format and your monitor, (doubt it is tho)

Quote from K.David :I liked the video a lot especially the focus on the locked tyre! Well done.
Could you tell me something about the soundtrack?

Band name: 16 Volt
Track name: Arella's Theme
Album name: City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra & Chorus

Its from the playstation 2 game "Primal".
The band made there sound tracks just for the game, if you have the limited edition copy of the game it includes the cd with all there sounds tracks, theres some amazing ones on there, they all are good.

I got the game on releise day when it cost £49.99 in shops just for the standard edition, and i got the limited edition for £1.99 because of my "Game" card from Game stores in the UK, i had alot of money saved up on the card from offers etc,
The guy behind the till went to get the manager, and he said well i guess we have to accept the deal because its all there on the card all the free £5's etc they give you over a few months

Btw my favourite part of the video is 1:08 exact where i launch into the corner, the Grip is imence on that setup i made, i love it
nice video what did you use to record the video?
fraps =)
#12 - siLc
Nice one Elliot
Very nice ideed
Quote from LFSn00b :I don't really want to download these anymore, i am trying to be more careful that i wont download a virus.

And i don't have a stage6 codec or something.

You don't have DivX?

Befor The Race
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG