The online racing simulator
G25 Pedal Mod
(2 posts, started )
G25 Pedal Mod
I've been thinking about reverse mounting my G25 pedals for a while, was going to do it today but didn't.

Then I had a brainwave. This is what I came up with:

All I did, as you can see...Is take the 2 bolts out of the clutch and throttle pedal faces, and move the pedal's up a notch. So the bottom bolt of the pedal, is now where the top one used to be. This means that the top bolt isn't screwed, but since I've left the brake pedal as it was it means Heel&toe doesn't make the pedal rotate.

It looks kinda wacky, but its awesome. The raised pedal's give me about 17% more travel. It also makes driving a more enjoyable thing to do with these pedals, before it was getting to a stage where the short stuffy clutchwork was a bit boring. Now being able to really drive your foot into the floor makes up for the boredom

You should try it! You can just as easily put it back - takes about 5 minutes to swap the whole set over. The only reason I didn't do the brake however, is because when I tried it the brake pedal lost alot of its pressure. Meaning braking was a totally different experience, so i've just left it. I've been kind of using the brake's stiffness to rest my clutch foot on between shifts though, so thats alright.

Although, a word of warning - when taking the bolts out, make sure you've got the exact right alan key. I tried with one and almost ground the bolt down so I couldn't undo it. Be careful!

G25 Pedal Mod
(2 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG