The online racing simulator
Welcome practising to Romus Racing
Do you have a strong desire to race LFS but almost never have time for it? Or when you go online, find a combo that you like, and start racing, then the track is soon changed so that you don't even have time to learn it properly? Would you still rather race online than doing hotlaps? Or when you feel you are doing well then others crash and decide to restart the race?

I was frustrated with these things so I opened my own server at 500servers.com.

Romus Racing is:
- about racing, but I accept newcomers who want to practise online. just drive with respect to others and have fun.
- no race restarts during the race
- more than 5 laps (I'm targeting to have races that last about 15 minutes)
- track and allowed cars do not change very often (not until I'm happy with my speed at that combo, so perhaps it changes 0-2 times a month)
- less popular combos (like slower cars and Westhill)

I'll be there instead of hotlapping or playing with AIs. If you like the style of my server, you are welcome.

EDIT: After reconsidering race restarts, I changed it to no restarts 60 seconds after the start and 30 seconds after the race. I still hope that there were no restarts when somebody is racing.

Westhill and UF1+XFG+XGR will most propably be the combo for all the summer. Weather is low wind and cloudy sunset.
Sounds similar to my interests and situation

i.e. I dont get online all that often, I like slower cars, I like longer races and I don't like restarts

So I may just pop by on occasion, just got to find the time
no restart for 4 minutes after race ends?
Quote from Thorvertonian :no restart for 4 minutes after race ends?

I've understood that race ends when the winner passes the line, so in the worst case some humble racers would still be doing their second last lap when the race restart countdown would appear on the screen, if those fastest racers would want to vote for restart. I don't want my server to have a hectic feeling and I want to respect every racers effort to try to finish the race.
Quote from romus74 :
- less popular combos (like slower cars and Westhill)

Yeh... sounds good. I like to drive Westhill in XFG/XRG, but my problem has been that nobody else does. So I have been forced to cruise it offline when I have felt like it
I just configured LFSLapper to work in my server. I mainly want it to show your split times and personal best times, and make statistics of your performance. Most of the other features, like drifting scores, have been disabled.

Would you want to have UF1 enabled here as well? It is slower isn't it? Or should the class balancing make it competitive with the XRG?
I would recommend allowing both XFG and XRG, because their performance is quite similar. Also the lapper doesn't take any commands (like !help).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG