The online racing simulator
BF1 Steering Wheel.
(12 posts, started )
BF1 Steering Wheel.
I was wondering how to change the textures on the steering wheel for the BF1? How do I open the .dds files and make a new version?

I'd like to change it for my personal skin, since I have my mythical F1 team using Chevrolet engines, and it looks weird the steering wheel is BMW. Also wanted to change the side grips to a dark reddish to make the paint scheme colors.

I'd try to do it myself, but never known what to do with .dds files.
#2 - Davo
Sauberweel1.dds
How do I open a .dds for editing? Then resave it for use with LSF again.
Quote from neglouseight :How do I open a .dds for editing? Then resave it for use with LSF again.

google dds, and find everything you need
Thanks.

I did do a search here and on google and nothing relative came up for me. Googling it I get a lot of discussion about .dds but nothing to help me. Now if I could find a Mac .DDS viewer/editor too. <sigh>
2 minutes of googling brought me to xnview
Newest version of Graphic Converter for Mac can open .dds files. Now when I edit them and them try to use them in CMX viewer they are just totally black. Any ideas?

The image is flattened no layers, when I open it up in Graphic Converter after I saved it as a .dds, then open up the saved .dds I just made it say "File has no color profile" but not sure what to set it at, so it comes out all black.
if you use photoshop, search for a plugin to open and save dds files
Quote from StableX :if you use photoshop, search for a plugin to open and save dds files

Those are only for the PC version of PS they do not work on Mac PS.

The new graphic converter will open .dds and save them as something else, when I save them back to .dds they come out all black. Not sure why. :/
If you don`t find what you want, just let me know, and I`ll sort it for you

BF1 Steering Wheel.
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG