The online racing simulator
Hotlap Related Improvement.
In LFS, entering the pitlane has no effect on making laps invalid. In many games, the "hotlap mode"(Time Trial) when entering the pitlane, the lap becomes invalid. LFS should have this, but doesn't screw up your next lap(s) becoming invalid. It should only affect the current lap. Also, sometimes the HLVC declares a lap invalid when only a wheel or two is off the track. I thought it was:
Two wheels must stay in bettween the two white lines.
Don't flame me if this is stupid.
Quote from Dalek0220 :In LFS, entering the pitlane has no effect on making laps invalid. In many games, the "hotlap mode"(Time Trial) when entering the pitlane, the lap becomes invalid. LFS should have this, but doesn't screw up your next lap(s) becoming invalid. It should only affect the current lap. Also, sometimes the HLVC declares a lap invalid when only a wheel or two is off the track. I thought it was:
Two wheels must stay in bettween the two white lines.
Don't flame me if this is stupid.

Why would your hotlap need to be invalid if you're entering the pitlane? It's not going to give you a good laptime, anyway, so I don't really see the importance of that.

And are you absolutely certain about the last part? I was always under the impression that LFS is rather accurate in that regard -- apart from minor inconsistencies when touching the armco on SO tracks, maybe.
The white lines are of no relevance in LFS - the rule is that no more than two wheels may touch dirt/grass. Once a third wheel touches it the lap is invalid, though you might get lucky if you're kerbhopping, because then three wheels can be over the grass, but as long as at least one of them is in the air it is still valid - the touching is meant literally.
#4 - Renku
a) only two wheels allowed off track (on grass)
b) at least two wheels must stay on track

I believe a) is right too in LFS; I've also experienced 2 wheels on grass and one in the air.
Quote from Linsen :Why would your hotlap need to be invalid if you're entering the pitlane? It's not going to give you a good laptime, anyway, so I don't really see the importance of that.

And are you absolutely certain about the last part? I was always under the impression that LFS is rather accurate in that regard -- apart from minor inconsistencies when touching the armco on SO tracks, maybe.

It's not going to give you a good lap time? Ok, go drive blackwood XFG and cut through the pitlane, I guarantee it will knock about 3 tenths off what your origional time would have been.

I kinda agree that the lap your on should be made invalid if you cut the pitlane, maybe even the lap after to in some cases (Try MRT on KY national) if you cut through the pitlane you can gain a few tenths on your last sector and your first sector.
Quote from Bawbag :It's not going to give you a good lap time? Ok, go drive blackwood XFG and cut through the pitlane, I guarantee it will knock about 3 tenths off what your origional time would have been.

Are we talking about simply cutting across the yellow lines on pit entrance/exit? If so, why should this render your hlvc invalid? Afaik, this is allowed in rL racing .

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG